Grand Rapids Driver positive Covid

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We had a positive test for a grand rapids delivery driver. He is in quarantine now. We were alerted at a PCM. We stopped doing those this week but it was stupid because they gathered us all in one place to go over it and on top of that we have been taking separate breaks but they went and had everyone take break together. There must've been 20 guys in the break room area.

Grand Rapids has done a good job of taking steps to maintain social distance before and after work with the guard shack. Leaving doors open and the entrance to building. Otherwise one day we were offered gloves those only last a few days. No mask. They have someone wiping down equipment before the shift but everyone is touching everything through the shift. They have not done a good job production wise theyre still 2 per trailer within 3-4 feet of one another. At some point that will have to stop.

i wonder if they informed everyone he delivered to that he had it or his preloader or people in the building he's talked with as just conversation you can give the virus to people.
Call the local health dept asap.
Knuckleheads.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You know what you do when you get a message like that? You call in at every single stop and say you need to back. I bet after 3 times they tell you to stop calling. Buncha clowns, during a pandemic no less. Drivers are already shook, and now they roll this * out.
Park the truck in the middle of your route and start walking every stop off. That’s what I’d do.

bumped

That message was given during a PCM once. I didn't leave the building until the cars next to me had moved so I didn't have to back. I carted from the street all the post office packages that day, and I was there over an hour. I didn't back to any of the businesses I had, and I called in right before my pickups started that I had 40 business stops left. I needed help with all my pickups or someone needs to get my business.

That was the last time that stupid message has been given to me. If they want it then give it to them.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Only 1 out of every 1,000 people have tested positive in the US. Most people don't know anyone who has it.

Good thing we're flushing America down the toilet over this.
Hopefully it stays that way for you and you stay safe in your bubble.

Indecisi0n

He seems to be doing just fine. UPS wants him back on Monday.

0bc7c804622c047bd02aa6029659ab36.gif

vvv

I’m not using my phone. I’d send a message in and wait for a response every time. See how long that lasts........smh

Only a fool would grab their own cell to do such a thing. Sadly we have many that do/would.

And talk about giving the stop you arrived at a great chance for the area around your truck to change dramatically and have a car, kid, animal or whatever to enter the picture that was not there when you first approached.

90% or more of drivers won't shut it off, unbuckle, and give the truck a full walk around and take a fast look under. I know if I got that I sure as hell would.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We had a positive test for a grand rapids delivery driver. He is in quarantine now. We were alerted at a PCM. We stopped doing those this week but it was stupid because they gathered us all in one place to go over it and on top of that we have been taking separate breaks but they went and had everyone take break together. There must've been 20 guys in the break room area.

Grand Rapids has done a good job of taking steps to maintain social distance before and after work with the guard shack. Leaving doors open and the entrance to building. Otherwise one day we were offered gloves those only last a few days. No mask. They have someone wiping down equipment before the shift but everyone is touching everything through the shift. They have not done a good job production wise theyre still 2 per trailer within 3-4 feet of one another. At some point that will have to stop.

i wonder if they informed everyone he delivered to that he had it or his preloader or people in the building he's talked with as just conversation you can give the virus to people.
Nothing to see here, get in truck and move on.

WTFm8

You know what you do when you get a message like that? You call in at every single stop and say you need to back. I bet after 3 times they tell you to stop calling. Buncha clowns, during a pandemic no less. Drivers are already shook, and now they roll this * out.

They’ll just unplug the phone.

pkgdriver

Was mentioned during PCM a few years ago. Half an hour later message comes on the board to not call or message before every back.