Grand Rapids Driver positive Covid

ManInBrown

Was mentioned during PCM a few years ago. Half an hour later message comes on the board to not call or message before every back.
That’s a center manager who is a toddler. I’ve told this story before so I’ll make it quick. center manager in office you better run Orion 100% today. Me back to him. You sure about that? Yes. Then as I’m outside the building driving away to leave he’s screaming for me to stop chasing me. Catches up to me. Run it your way.

Those center manager’s are toddlers. They probably get bull whipped every morning by their superior and they don’t know where to turn to make it stop.

They get the immediate satisfaction of telling you to do something that might not have them get beaten so hard by daddy the next day. Then later on they come to the realization that what they told you to do is not worth the headache. They might as well take the belt whipping like a good little peon.

Maybe Dragon can chime in with his two cents on this

ManInBrown

Really--just how friend-ing stupid has UPS become?
Oh they do it in feeders also. Anyone pulling a late load call in and tell us why. Hook up ready to roll. Pull time 9:15. On hold for 20 minutes before leaving. So instead of pulling at 9:17 you pull at 9:35 because they told you to call and you were put on hold for 20 minutes before the desk picked up.

rod

Retired 22 years
Oh they do it in feeders also. Anyone pulling a late load call in and tell us why. Hook up ready to roll. Pull time 9:15. On hold for 20 minutes before leaving. So instead of pulling at 9:17 you pull at 9:35 because they told you to call and you were put on hold for 20 minutes before the desk picked up.
smh

ManInBrown

It’s their little mechanism to always show you they are in control and you need to answer to them. Meanwhile their solution is 20x worse then just allowing you to keep it moving. It’s comical. It’s worse in feeders then it was in package. Way more communication in feeders.

The runner gunners in feeders don’t have these issues. The guys who don’t Pretrip trailers. Drive around the yard like jack wagons looking for their load. But if you do things the right way most jobs pull times are totally unrealistic.

It takes an hour to unhook at 43rd most nights from the time you arrive. Hour at Meadow some nights. Those wait times aren’t built in.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
That’s a center manager who is a toddler. I’ve told this story before so I’ll make it quick. center manager in office you better run Orion 100% today. Me back to him. You sure about that? Yes. Then as I’m outside the building driving away to leave he’s screaming for me to stop chasing me. Catches up to me. Run it your way.

Those center manager’s are toddlers. They probably get bull whipped every morning by their superior and they don’t know where to turn to make it stop.

They get the immediate satisfaction of telling you to do something that might not have them get beaten so hard by daddy the next day. Then later on they come to the realization that what they told you to do is not worth the headache. They might as well take the belt whipping like a good little peon.

Maybe Dragon can chime in with his two cents on this

Some where there is someone who thinks these things are important..unfortunately that person is so far removed from day to day operations that they don't care what it does to the center and how it gets enforced/implemented/complied with....that's how you get "I want you to run 100% Orion", "No Backing". I could go on but you get the idea.

rod

Retired 22 years
Some where there is someone who thinks these things are important..unfortunately that person is so far removed from day to day operations that they don't care what it does to the center and how it gets enforced/implemented/complied with....that's how you get "I want you to run 100% Orion", "No Backing". I could go on but you get the idea.
Thank goodness @Old Man Jingles retired. He was the one responsible for this crap back in his day.

JL 0513

You are correct, it's not serious

Until you or someone in your family gets it.

People need some perspective. Every death is bad but just wait until this country falls into a depression because of this. Much more will die and the majority of Americans will suffer greatly. And what will become of the healthcare system in a depression? Hmm.

500,000 people die each year just in the US from smoking. A voluntary thing people know will kill them. Doesn't reach the news. About 90,000 people die from alcohol related reasons.

9,500 people have died, mostly the elderly, in total of Coronavirus and we are ending our economy. Think about this for a second.

People need some perspective. Every death is bad but just wait until this country falls into a depression because of this. Much more will die and the majority of Americans will suffer greatly. And what will become of the healthcare system in a depression? Hmm.

500,000 people die each year just in the US from smoking. A voluntary thing people know will kill them. Doesn't reach the news. About 90,000 people die from alcohol related reasons.

9,500 people have died, mostly the elderly, in total of Coronavirus and we are ending our economy. Think about this for a second.
it's not so much that's the concern me it's about how fast it's spreading around the globe okay.,

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Anyone remember there Orion rides when they were told to back and turn around using residential driveways, as a corporate directive

ManInBrown

You’re not understanding something. No one has immunity to this virus. It’s contagious beyond belief. If they open everything back up and act like nothing is wrong everyone is going to catch it and get sick, all at the same time. Two tigers in NYC tested positive in a zoo. Think about that for a second. Tigers in a zoo have Covid. How TF does that even happen?

The damage to the economy will be catastrophic but how do you handle everyone in the country catching this virus at the same time?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
You’re not understanding something. No one has immunity to this virus. It’s contagious beyond belief. If they open everything back up and act like nothing is wrong everyone is going to catch it and get sick, all at the same time. Two tigers in NYC tested positive in a zoo. Think about that for a second. Tigers in a zoo have Covid. How TF does that even happen?

The damage to the economy will be catastrophic but how do you handle everyone in the country catching this virus at the same time?
Just out of curiousity.....wtf are we testing tigers??