Grandpa Upstate

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the first picture of my granddaughter:

photo.JPG

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Keep taking care of momma. Talk to your son in law about rubbing her feet. That helped out a lot for my wife.

She called me this morning. She wanted to go to free skate (public ice skating) and wanted my opinion as to whether she should go or not. Her mother and husband had both said no. I told her to go have fun.

Truth be told, she would have gone whether we wanted her to or not.

She went and she had a great time. The only problem she had was tying her skates.

Can you believe the quality of the ultrasound pics these days?

She called me this morning. She wanted to go to free skate (public ice skating) and wanted my opinion as to whether she should go or not. Her mother and husband had both said no. I told her to go have fun.

She went and she had a great time. The only problem she had was tying her skates.

Yea the baby looks cute even in an altra sound. It's amazing what technology and God can do.

moreluck

golden ticket member

So, it's horsebackriding tomorrow???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not sure how far along she is but my wife's best friend was 7-8 months along when we had a roller skate party for my wife. Her doctor told her not to skate.

As far as ultrasound quality I think those 3d pics are creepy as hell. The wife does also. We likely will not get one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not sure how far along she is but my wife's best friend was 7-8 months along when we had a roller skate party for my wife. Her doctor told her not to skate.

As far as ultrasound quality I think those 3d pics are creepy as hell. The wife does also. We likely will not get one.

32 weeks.

The ultrasound pics we got when the ex was pregnant were barely worth printing as you couldn't see much of anything at all.

Her mother is an RN and advised her against it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I am being totally honest I hope it happens while I'm at work. Ideally I would like to walk in about 2 minutes after its all over.

I'm sure I'll get railed on for this.

Childbirth is the most wonderful thing in the world.

Labor is the toughest thing your wife will ever go through and it would be very selfish of you to not be there in the delivery room to help her through it. The range of emotions she will go through will floor you. She will both love and hate you at the same time. You will hear "you did this to me!" more than you would like.

My ex is an RN and it was funny when she started asking the male nurse for drugs that the "normal" Mom-to-be wouldn't dream of asking for.

Our daughter was born after 12 hours of at times very intense labor. My ex had been given the epidural a bit too late and our daughter came out blue. They quickly too her away and after working on her for a few minutes brought her back to us, healthy lungs (screaming) and all.

You will regret it for the rest of your life if you choose not be there for your wife when she really needs you. Dave.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone seen or heard from Over9five lately? How about Cachsux? Fethrs and AJ are AWOL. Even the holier than thou Texan is nowhere to be seen. Photog has been lying low all week. STUG and Dilligaf have apparently moved on. 705Red, Menotyou, Stink.....need I go on?