Great quotes from peak season '12....Let's see em!

UPSRook

A sorter was telling me about how he got injured once by a package flying off the slide and the interview with a sup after.

Sup: So what could you do better next time?
Injured sorter: Nothing. I was doing what I was supposed to do.
Sup: But what could you do next time to prevent injury?
Sorter: I couldn't do anything. There were so many packages coming down the slide that some were getting pushed right off.
Sup: What could you do have done differently?
Sorter: I could have sought employment with a company that cares about my safety.
Sup: Let's skip this question.

stink219

Me: Here you go m'am, please sign there.....
Lady: Hey, THIS BOX LOOKS BROKEN!
Me: Hmmm, I think your right! I'm sure it was lovely. Happy Holidays!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Maybe a dumb example of a quote, but one of the typical tyrant FT supervisors in the primary always had that penchant for screaming at people " WHY'S IT OFF?? TURN IT BACK ON NOW!" when there were unsafe working conditions, outbound belts off, packages falling, jams, etc.

Finally, there was a massive jam on one of the air sort belts. To hear him screaming "SHUT IT DOWN NOW" **** **** and then spend 15 minutes clearing the belt off, so it could run properly without the excess weight, was actually satisfying.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A UPS driver on my route had the following exchange with someone who interrupted his lunch break.
Man: Do you know where such-and-such street is?
UPS: No
Man: What do you mean you don't know. You're UPS. You're supposed to know where everything is.
UPS: I'm not the one who's lost

Classic!!

Returntosender

Sup: you guys are industrial athletes. Every day up to Dec 17 is our playoff games. You guys understand on Dec17, 2012. That day is our super bowl. We will be super heavy on that day.
Employee: if we are industrial athletes our coaching staff sucks.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the other center manager in our building telling her drivers that they could not return to building until they had delivered every package

then at 9:30, when all my drivers are in and about to be punched out, their center sends out a frantic recall as if the fact there is a DOT cutoff magically dawned on them at that moment but not before

that center is a disorganized cluster**** of bluster and stupidity

djkre8r

This morning I woke up throwing up at 3am. As this continued all night (every 15-20 minutes) I sent our sup a text at 5:50am that I was hovering the toilet and would not be able to make it. He never responded back. 30 minutes later I sent our driver sup a text:

me: Sorry to bother you so early. I have been throwing up all night. I sent (other sup) a message at 5:50 but never heard back from him.
Sup: That's not good. 30 routes (that maxes our center out with EVERY driver/cover driver)
me: So sorry, I want to come in but every 20 minutes I'm over the toilet.

I never heard back.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm surprised she didn't follow that up with a call to the 1-800# for your inappopriate comment.

Someone called the 800# on one of our guys. After an investigation, it was determined that she mis-heard something that several other people heard and they defended our guy. The bottom line though is that that particular driver could not do that route anymore. Fortunately, he was able to sign a bid for his own route not long after that. It was a very, very ugly situation and he was actually worried that had the other 3 women not witnessed the whole exchange, he could have had bigger problems than just being banned from that route.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This morning I woke up throwing up at 3am. As this continued all night (every 15-20 minutes) I sent our sup a text at 5:50am that I was hovering the toilet and would not be able to make it. He never responded back. 30 minutes later I sent our driver sup a text:

me: Sorry to bother you so early. I have been throwing up all night. I sent (other sup) a message at 5:50 but never heard back from him.
Sup: That's not good. 30 routes (that maxes our center out with EVERY driver/cover driver)
me: So sorry, I want to come in but every 20 minutes I'm over the toilet.

I never heard back.

You got by with sending your sups a text message? I would certainly call the center to CMA.