Great start to the week!

Whargoul

Yeah, so I just want to complain here to get it off my chest. I'm a new driver trying to make book and I come in today and they just threw me on a route completely blind. I'm pretty sure I :censored2:ed everything up I could too. I'm expecting to get my ass chewed tomorrow morning but what can I say? I just don't want to get disqualified for some stupid :censored2: when they set me up for failure.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yeah, so I just want to complain here to get it off my chest. I'm a new driver trying to make book and I come in today and they just threw me on a route completely blind. I'm pretty sure I :censored2:ed everything up I could too. I'm expecting to get my ass chewed tomorrow morning but what can I say? I just don't want to get disqualified for some stupid :censored2: when they set me up for failure.

Have you successfully completed a 30-day training packet ??

-Bug-

" I'm sorry I did not meet your expectations when I was thrown out blind and unsupervised on this route. I made all deliveries and pickups and return to the building safely. I will try and do as best I can if similar situations arise again."

scisector9

I have been told if they put you on a different route in your 30 that you are automatically qualified. This may vary from supplement to supplement, but maybe someone in your building can confirm.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Three keys to making book: no accidents, no injuries, scan everything. If you were ok on the training route you had before, and you comply with these three things, you don't have to worry as much. Bad days are expected in your 1st 30.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you get moved around to different routes they will be more lenient about your numbers as long as you don't have an accident and are showing improvement.

Whargoul

I'm pretty sure I missed a picked up that's my main worry. I was I was just so frustrated from going out blind, having a bunch of misloads in my truck and then misloads for my truck being shuttled out to me and having to backtrack I forgot about it. One late NDA but that was not my fault it was thrown into the load and I let them know that. As for the training packet yeah I'm pretty sure I just sat in the office one day and filled out the paperwork myself. I have not had a sup ride with me once since I bid full time. I have been temp driving since November last year. I got about a week off back to preload mid jan before they started using me again doing random BS and I was paid full scale wage for it. Then management started posting full time bids about a month ago. Since bidding full time I usually don't have the same stuff everyday, I might have to do some business dumps ( which I also did blind but I learned them now after a few times ) or they add some unfamiliar res or I get sent to do some other drivers pickups (they send a msg right before Im about to finnish too which is frustrating). I've been getting good feedback so far. I have not hit anything ever, I'm a really safe driver and I usually have 0 telematic discrepancies - which I check daily in the morning.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I'm pretty sure I missed a picked up that's my main worry. I was I was just so frustrated from going out blind, having a bunch of misloads in my truck and then misloads for my truck being shuttled out to me and having to backtrack I forgot about it. One late NDA but that was not my fault it was thrown into the load and I let them know that. As for the training packet yeah I'm pretty sure I just sat in the office one day and filled out the paperwork myself. I have not had a sup ride with me once since I bid full time. I have been temp driving since November last year. I got about a week off back to preload mid jan before they started using me again doing random BS and I was paid full scale wage for it. Then management started posting full time bids about a month ago. Since bidding full time I usually don't have the same stuff everyday, I might have to do some business dumps ( which I also did blind but I learned them now after a few times ) or they add some unfamiliar res or I get sent to do some other drivers pickups (they send a msg right before Im about to finnish too which is frustrating). I've been getting good feedback so far. I have not hit anything ever, I'm a really safe driver and I usually have 0 telematic discrepancies - which I check daily in the morning.

What do you mean by you "missed a pickup"? If you went to it and they were closed, again, that may be expected. If, OTOH, you closed the pickup without going there to be in the compliance window, and then forgot to actually go, that can be a problem....

And if it is the latter, leave that alone....fast!

Last edited:

UPS WORKHORSE

I have been told if they put you on a different route in your 30 that you are automatically qualified. This may vary from supplement to supplement, but maybe someone in your building can confirm.

It depends on your shop steward and your management team. I saw a girl pass, even though she got dq because she filed a grievance for doing one misroute delivery. Others haven't been so successful in that argument.

Like all things at UPS, you gotta be in the right place at the right time, with the right people, and be the right person, and know the right person, and... lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What do you mean by you "missed a pickup"? If you went to it and they were closed, again, that may be expected. If, OTOH, you closed the pickup without going there to be in the compliance window, and then forgot to actually go, that can be a problem....

I believe it

I've seen many pickups when I covered routes that don't reflect how and where you get the packages. Wasted many a time at docks when I should have been at the office and vice versa. When you are overwhelmed, mistakes happen.

Pooter

Believe it or not that's the nature of this job. Everything you are mad about is pretty typical for a swing driver.

Relax, don't panic and just focus on a few stops at a time.

The most important thing about qualifying is don't HIT anything and don't get hurt.

It's normal to screw things up your first month :)

PT Car Washer

Yes, that's what happened I'm afraid APettyJ. May God have mercy on my soul...
Sounds like this has been the worst day of your life. Get used to it because tomorrow or next week you will have a worse day. The bonehead sup or manager that sent you out blind is the one who is going to be in trouble over this. Remember "I did the best I could."

Whargoul

You got thrown on a completely different route than your training route?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Only time I did a training route was during temp driving for peak. Maybe that's why they didn't give me one when when I bid full time or do any sup ride alongs I don't know. I mostly been doing 200+ stops of a split route off other drivers or I do business dumps till noonish and then 130-150 rez stops. I've been running scratch or 15-30 min bonus. I have done everything they asked of me and not complained once.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Believe it or not that's the nature of this job. Everything you are mad about is pretty typical for a swing driver.

Relax, don't panic and just focus on a few stops at a time.

The most important thing about qualifying is don't HIT anything and don't get hurt.

It's normal to screw things up your first month :)
and don't be dishonest. I accidentally did something in my 30 that could have DQ'd me but I was honest about it and it was forgiven.