Greece

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Reread it
7D85E074-7247-4FA2-80A2-5F36EABFB949.gif

rickyb

greeks not even allowed to have unions. all to pay back an unpayable debt:

1. Workers’ and trades unions’ rights will not be restored while mass dismissals made easier​

Moreover, the policy package includes a large number of structural measures aimed at enhancing the growth potential of the Greek economy.

And what might these structural measures, that will enhance Greece’s growth potential, be?

With regard to labour market reforms, the Eurogroup welcomes the adopted legislation safeguarding previous reforms on collective bargaining and bringing collective dismissals in line with best EU practices.

I see! “Safeguarding previous reforms on collective bargaining” refers, of course, to the 2012 removal of the right to collective bargaining and the end to trades union representation for each and every Greek worker. Our government was elected in January 2015 with an express mandate to restore these workers’ and trades unions’ rights. Prime Minister Tsipras has repeatedly pledged to do so, even after our falling out and my resignation in July 2015. Now, yesterday, his government consented to this piece of Eurogroup triumphalism that celebrates the ‘safeguarding’ of the 2012 ‘reforms’. In short, the SYRIZA government has capitulated on this issue too: Workers’ and trades’ unions’ rights will not be restored. And, as if that were not bad enough, “collective dismissals” will be brought “in line with best EU practices”. What this means is that the last remaining constraints on corporations, i.e. a restriction on what percentage of workers can be fired each month, is relaxed. Make no mistake: The Eurogroup is telling us that, now that employers are guaranteed the absence of trades unions, and the right to fire more workers, growth enhancement will follow suit! Let’s not hold our breath!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
View attachment 379725
No one, and I mean no one, gives a rats ass about Greece.

Hope this helps.