Green Check

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Not sure of the rate but I remember it was higher than my usual withholding, that was many years ago and haven't needed one since!

satellitedriver

Every paycheck is taxed as if you would recieve that amount through out the taxable year. A $50 check would be about $5 tax(10%) a $1000 check would be about $150.00 (15%) ect... , but that is only until the dem's get total control. After that, all bets are off.

trickpony1

Not sure of the rate but I remember it was higher than my usual withholding, that was many years ago and haven't needed one since!

Because inquiring minds want to know........

How many of us think the company calls things like "green checks", "vacation sold back to the company" and "grievance settlements" a bonus so they (the company) can "write it off", all the while benefiting their bottom line?
I remember the government took issue with the company regarding an "off shore" banking/stock operation that has since been ordered to pay immense back taxes.
A reasonable person might assume the company can call anything it wants a "bonus" knowing full well the government isn't going to check into every "green check", "vacation sold back check" and "grievance settlement" that is issued and the respective employee is too stupid to figure it out.

.....just a thought.........I could be wrong.

tieguy

Banned

How many of us think the company calls things like "green checks", "vacation sold back to the company" and "grievance settlements" a bonus so they (the company) can "write it off", all the while benefiting their bottom line?
I remember the government took issue with the company regarding an "off shore" banking/stock operation that has since been ordered to pay immense back taxes.
A reasonable person might assume the company can call anything it wants a "bonus" knowing full well the government isn't going to check into every "green check", "vacation sold back check" and "grievance settlement" that is issued and the respective employee is too stupid to figure it out.

wouldn't be the first time you made something up about the company and were wrong. Read up on sarbannes oxley.

ups79

Trick, that tax issue has been settled. Guess who won on appeal? Where do you get your information?

trickpony1

Trick, that tax issue has been settled. Guess who won on appeal? Where do you get your information?
The last I heard was the company got caught with its hand in the cookie jar.......I could be wrong on that issue but if I am then why was the OPL stock liquidated?
That issue aside, answer the core question of my post! Is the company claiming every "green check", "vacation sold back check" and "grievance settlement check" to be a bonus so they (the company) can write it off?

grami72

The last I heard was the company got caught with its hand in the cookie jar.......I could be wrong on that issue but if I am then why was the OPL stock liquidated?
That issue aside, answer the core question of my post! Is the company claiming every "green check", "vacation sold back check" and "grievance settlement check" to be a bonus so they (the company) can write it off?

Why would UPS claim green checks are a bonus? Every green check I have ever seen, for vacation, missing check, grievence settlement, etc. is already a legitimate business expense. I have a hard time thinking of something UPS would write a green check for that is not normally deductible.

NJ12hrday

no matter what you always get banged on a green check. like when your center manager "forgets" to put in a vacation that you picked 8 months ago and says "sorry,it will be in next week's check",(thats what i should say about a missed piece,"sorry i'll del it tomorrow) but if you can't wait like most of america nowadays you get bent over with the green check.:tongue_sm

krash

Go big orange
There was language added in the last contract pertaining to green ck's. As Sat. Drvr pointed out, the green ck is taxed the same as a regular ck. I got one Friday because they shorted me 26 hours (2 days) on my ck that I discovered Thursday morning when looking on UPSers.com. My hats off to our office personnel who acted quickly to correct the problem and get me a ck NDA for the shortage.

HazMatMan

Does anyone know the tax rate on the green checks?

Green checks are to be taxed at the employees regular tax rate according to my contract (don't know what your contract says) It used to be taxed at like 45% but now it should not be according to my contract (yes it actually says so in my contract book) check your contract book...

HazMatMan

There was language added in the last contract pertaining to green ck's. As Sat. Drvr pointed out, the green ck is taxed the same as a regular ck. I got one Friday because they shorted me 26 hours (2 days) on my ck that I discovered Thursday morning when looking on UPSers.com. My hats off to our office personnel who acted quickly to correct the problem and get me a ck NDA for the shortage.

Wow you lucked out indeed. When I here of shortages being reported to management and the horror stories of waiting for weeks for the money. Seems like management is only worried about getting the job done, they could care less if your check is short. There is a grievance pay for each pay period you do not get the adjustment.

Fredless

APWA Hater
open to page 43 of your contract book, article 17 of the master agreement. GREENCHECKS ARE TO BE TAXED AT YOUR REGULAR RATE, NO MORE.

krash

Go big orange
Wow you lucked out indeed. When I here of shortages being reported to management and the horror stories of waiting for weeks for the money. Seems like management is only worried about getting the job done, they could care less if your check is short. There is a grievance pay for each pay period you do not get the adjustment.
Brother,
I was quite surprised my self. The problem occurred because I deliver a loaded trailer for a center in which that center gets charged for the time. I put the info in my IVIS as a delivery and put in the center #. Well, UPS put in a new system in which that center has to see to it my time gets turned in instead of feeder(who I work for). Well, needless to say, they did no do there part and caused the error. UPS is always implementing new ways to screw things up when it worked just find before.:confused:1