Green Pop Up's

dragracer66

Maybe I've been living in a cave lately but what are these green worded pop up's. I don't recall seeing these and I've been around here awhile. Hey if they help to pay the bill's on the cafe I'm all for it!!!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We're testing out a new contextually relevant keyword advertising program. The advertising company requests a 2 week optimization period before making a decision about their program. If their ads prove to be annoying or slow the pages down then we won't keep them.

Your feedback is welcome.

dragracer66

I don't think it's bad at all. It doesn't popup unless you drag over it. Like I said before if it help's pay the bill's go for it!!!

over9five

Staff member
"Your feedback is welcome."

OK, I hate it.

Sorry, a dumb uneducated, unskilled truck driver like me finds them distracting!

Overpaid Union Thug

I've noticed a small decrease in loading speed too but not enough to complain about. Everything is fine after each page loads. The green links seem to appear randimly and it's already getting on annoying.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It only bugs me if there is a long post......the kind that wkmac can do.....and I use my arrow to point as I read so I don't lose my place....those little buggers pop up when your arrow goes over them.

Other than that, no big deal.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
over, I'm being serious, if you really do hate it then that really matters to me.

Our member's opinions are very important in this kind of decision. You guys ask for something then I try to implement it. You complain about something then I try to fix it. That's all, the members rule here.

I'm not entirely sure of my own opinion about this ad type. If it gets too invasive or annoying and adds nothing of value then I will remove the ads. Supposedly they only add relevant links but they need 2 weeks to optimize their software. So far I'm just not sure how well this whole program will work...

If you actually do hate the new ads then please tell me. If you give me a reason that you hate it then I'll make it into a complaint to their account service rep.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
its fine, and I have dial up so I would be the slowest. Anything I have thought about loading takes some time, but other than that it doesnt seem to affect it enough for me to notice.