Greg Kerwoods Contract Review

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With inflation, is freezing the amount of funds going into benefits wise? Something to consider before voting.

oie_animation.gif

100%

I wanted 22.4 gone.
I wanted no inward facing cameras.
I wanted starting wage for part-timers increased.
I wanted a decent raise for seniority employees.
I wanted an increase in my pension.

That's what was on my contract proposal list and I believe that's what the list that was given to the International said.

We seem to be moving the goalposts.
They’re allowing inward facing sensors….that will be cameras.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
With inflation, is freezing the amount of funds going into benefits wise? Something to consider before voting.

oie_animation.gif

Seriously..“ Just how much would it take to put in a (COLA) into everyone’s pension including are current retirees?

Social Security has one and still a lot of other collective bargained pensions got one through negotiations.

govols019

You smell that?

oie_animation.gif

From my limited understanding, the people that run those funds said that the proposed amounts were sufficient.

They know more about it than I do

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The WR fund has been doing well, The PT portion has been at virtually %100. The small raise is concerning but I would not raise that flag until the %'s go down.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Seriously..“ Just how much would it take to put in a (COLA) into everyone’s pension including are current retirees?

Social Security has one and still a lot of other collective bargained pensions got one through negotiations.
This is a ridiculous notion in my mind.

How can the Company be responsible for additional pension contributions for an employee past their separation date....and why would they ever agree to that?

Times of accelerated inflation typically coincide with many other downward metrics within the economy, meaning the Company likely won't be as profitable then either during those time-frames.

To expect UPS to embrace any unknown and unpredictable continuing liability after you leave the company is ludicrous.

So make as much money as you can while you are there, support all measures to increase your defined benefit at retirement and save as much as you need to supplement any gaps that you have created in your lifestyle and enjoy your retirement.

....and divorce the notion that the Company or Union owes you anything further.

How can the Company be responsible for additional pension contributions for an employee past their separation date....and why would they ever agree to that?

Times of accelerated inflation typically coincide with many other downward metrics within the economy, meaning the Company likely won't be as profitable then either during those time-frames.

To expect UPS to embrace any unknown and unpredictable continuing liability after you leave the company is ludicrous.

So make as much money as you can while you are there, support all measures to increase your defined benefit at retirement and save as much as you need to supplement any gaps that you have created in your lifestyle and enjoy your retirement.

The days of the overfunded pension plan for over for the most part

Lots of retirees used to get that 13th pension check

Wally

From my limited understanding, the people that run those funds said that the proposed amounts were sufficient.

They know more about it than I do
So it's not such a big win for O'Brien as they are claiming. They are gambling that members go for the big raise and not worry about anything else.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

.....and don't let the door hit you in the ass.....

Sounds like you adopted the Company's point of view even before you retired....:puppet:

Wally

But we were told that they wouldn't touch our pension and that we were just spreading politically charged lies....
Lol, some video on YouTube has Los Angeles local in love with the contract! The machine is in full court press mode.