Greg Kerwoods Contract Review

RoswellHub

Screenshot_20230805_182037_Facebook.jpg

DriverNerd

I'm not sure I see how Greg explaining why he's voting no is any different than a locals own stance on approving the contract is any different. Actually the union says they approve the contract and recommends a yes vote, Greg tells you to vote your heart, not his.

I wanted 22.4 gone.
I wanted no inward facing cameras.
I wanted starting wage for part-timers increased.
I wanted a decent raise for seniority employees.
I wanted an increase in my pension.

That's what was on my contract proposal list and I believe that's what the list that was given to the International said.

We seem to be moving the goalposts.
Central I’m guessing ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
From my limited understanding, the people that run those funds said that the proposed amounts were sufficient.

They know more about it than I do
Yes, sufficient to keep the plan healthy.

No increase in contributions is a decrease with annual inflation, and a concession. A concession in perhaps the worst possible area to concede anything.

Kind of goofy to work so hard to develop a following, then say "this is just my opinion, vote however you want".

Seems a bit passive aggressive, doesn't it?
Goofy is going on social media to complain that someone else shouldn't be using social media. Sean O'Brien himself has praised Greg, and others, by name, in the past for their work online. For a union official to turn around and say, "You need to shut up," is a slap in the face.

Greg is obviously in a tough spot. The entire IBT and every local is against him. It takes courage to stand up and say no. If anyone thinks what he said was insulting, they would have aneurysm if he actually fought back. Dude sounded defeated and depressed.

Goofy is going on social media to complain that someone else shouldn't be using social media. Sean O'Brien himself has praised Greg, and others, by name, in the past for their work online. For a union official to turn around and say, "You need to shut up," is a slap in the face.

Greg is obviously in a tough spot. The entire IBT and every local is against him. It takes courage to stand up and say no. If anyone thinks what he said was insulting, they would have aneurysm if he actually fought back. Dude sounded defeated and depressed.
He's allowed to have an opinion
Last time I checked he wasn't telling anyone how to vote he was just giving his own opinion

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Yeah, goofy.

Again to anoint yourself an expert and develop a brand through social media and YouTube, then take a passive aggressive "just my opinion" position, I say goofy.

If you want to be a star, own it and see who follows.

RoswellHub

Did he stand with his Local pushing the contract as stated?

If so, who wouldn't have a problem with a YouTube 180?

Kind of goofy to work so hard to develop a following, then say "this is just my opinion, vote however you want".

Seems a bit passive aggressive, doesn't it?
He was pushing people to vote but not how to vote. They are trying to make a straw man argument. Greg is the most selfless person I've met. Ask yourself in the end of the day what does Greg really get out of all of this? It would of been so much easier for him to just vote yes....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He was pushing people to vote but not how to vote. They are trying to make a straw man argument. Greg is the most selfless people I've met. Ask yourself in the end of the day what does Greg really get out of all of this? It would of been so much easier for him to just vote yes....
....or vote no and not try to influence others from the platform he built for himself?

Again, to each his own....but own it or I say goofy.

Btw, nobody answers my other question, did he stand with his Local supporting this contract before arriving at his online conclusions?

RoswellHub

....or vote no and not try to influence others from the platform he built for himself?

Again, to each his own....but own it or I say goofy.

Btw, nobody answers my other question, did he stand with his Local supporting this contract before arriving at his online conclusions?
Did you ever watch the video where he talks about this? It sounds like you are missing a big chunk of the story here...

As far as him making a decision he never publicly made one until this week.

Yeah, goofy.

Again to anoint yourself an expert and develop a brand through social media and YouTube, then take a passive aggressive "just my opinion" position, I say goofy.

If you want to be a star, own it and see who follows.
What's the complaint here, that he's not using his platform to push his opposition harder? I haven't even been here a tenth of the time Greg has and I'm already tired.

Sixth Punch Sense

I watched the video and Greg did a great job. I was concerned about things he mentions but was ready to vote yes with the fear of losing volume. Unfortunately UPS and SOB played a shell game to get SOB media coverage. There is no way the wage increases weren't done July 5th.

Now Fedex has sniped a bunch of volume and our volume is plummeting, don't think my route will be in till peak. Strike isn't going to lose anymore volume so I'm leaning no.

Get the contract done July 5th and keep our volume it's an easy win for the union. Not excited to go back and learn routes

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Did you ever watch the video where he talks about this? It sounds like you are missing a big chunk of the story here...

As far as him making a decision he never publicly made one until this week.
"The video", which one?

Probably not.

No offense, I don't dedicate much time to random video bloggers who's credentials aren't evident.

I screw around here during random free moments out of habit, which is probably a bad habit.