GROUND AND SOUND advice

bacha29

I pay half the silver rate premium. Employees can choose either a silver or gold plan.
What health insurance options do you provide your employees?
As I said before even though there were numerous additional routes offered to me free of charge the rates and SPH's were too low to offer the employee driver a good pay and benefit plan . The kind needed to inspire them to stay and take the kind of governance over the route that would be needed. The people who took the routes thinking they could get away without offering them that kind of compensation.....well, they didn't last very long at it. And those who have the contracts today......all except one is out there today driving a route on a daily basis trying to hang on while encumbered with additional routes 60+ miles away from the area they're at that make little to nothing in the way of profit for them .

And by the way. Nobody's happy about having to take Smart Post and having to haul it miles for pennies. Nowhere near enough density to make it pay along with much high probability of getting stuck back in some place nobody should have even been allowed to reside ......then sit there all day waiting for a wrecker to come get out.

It will be fine

As I said before even though there were numerous additional routes offered to me free of charge the rates and SPH's were too low to offer the employee driver a good pay and benefit plan . The kind needed to inspire them to stay and take the kind of governance over the route that would be needed. The people who took the routes thinking they could get away without offering them that kind of compensation.....well, they didn't last very long at it. And those who have the contracts today......all except one is out there today driving a route on a daily basis trying to hang on while encumbered with additional routes 60+ miles away from the area they're at that make little to nothing in the way of profit for them .

And by the way. Nobody's happy about having to take Smart Post and having to haul it miles for pennies. Nowhere near enough density to make it pay along with much high probability of getting stuck back in some place nobody should have even been allowed to reside ......then sit there all day waiting for a wrecker to come get out.
So that would be nothing that you offer employees. Then by your standard you have no right to criticize what I offer.

bacha29

So that would be nothing that you offer employees. Then by your standard you have no right to criticize what I offer.
I wouldn't have if you had told me earlier that this is what you're providing your employees with. Whether you're telling the truth about this or not I can't say but what I can say is that the current contract holders at the terminal I was at are still offering nothing in the way benefits and as a result are always shorthanded and those they do have manning their routes are severely overworked as a result. Comes down to the same old fact that only top dollar gets top results.

bacha29

Are you telling me that Walmart isn't the best store to shop at??????????????????
They've been raising wages and therefore they must have realized that they can't continue to be a revolving door. Perhaps too they may have been feeling some PR heat when word got out about how many of their employees were receiving social program benefits as a means of survival which in turn is really nothing more than publicly funded wage subsidization .

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They've been raising wages and therefore they must have realized that they can't continue to be a revolving door. Perhaps too they may have been feeling some PR heat when word got out about how many of their employees were receiving social program benefits as a means of survival which in turn is really nothing more than publicly funded wage subsidization .
Of which you are a steadfast defender. Intentionally or not.

bacha29

Of which you are a steadfast defender. Intentionally or not.
Wrong. I've been a backer of an increased minimum wage for a long time so that low wage people are not as dependent on social programs to survive especially if they're working for major companies who can easily do better for their employees but instead count on wage subsidies in order to keep wages low and profits high.

COVID 19 on the other hand might completely change the low wage "essential worker" landscape but not until after the oncoming steep recession is over.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wrong. I've been a backer of an increased minimum wage for a long time so that low wage people are not as dependent on social programs to survive especially if they're working for major companies who can easily do better for their employees but instead count on wage subsidies in order to keep wages low and profits high.

Some idiot goober that would normally work that $8/hr job doesn't have ANY job because you raised the minimum wage to $11/hr and he's not worth it.

VICTORY.

bacha29

Some idiot goober that would normally work that $8/hr job doesn't have ANY job because you raised the minimum wage to $11/hr and he's not worth it.

VICTORY.
Once again you're ASSUMING that there will ALWAYS be some "goober" willing to take that job for $8 and hour. Good luck finding them.

59 Dano

Once again you're ASSUMING that there will ALWAYS be some "goober" willing to take that job for $8 and hour. Good luck finding them.

Anyone want to explain what just went over this idiot's head?

OK, I'll try.

THE GUY THAT'S WORKING FOR LESS THAN THE NEW MINIMUM WAGE NOW WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB IF YOU RAISED THE MINIMUM WAGE BEYOND HIS WORTH.

Working4the1%

OK, I'll try.

THE GUY THAT'S WORKING FOR LESS THAN THE NEW MINIMUM WAGE NOW WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB IF YOU RAISED THE MINIMUM WAGE BEYOND HIS WORTH.
And we taxpayers pay for his section8 housing/Medicad and food stamps while Multi billion dollar company's pay Min wage..........

bacha29

And we taxpayers pay for his section8 housing/Medicad and food stamps while Multi billion dollar company's pay Min wage..........
And state governments are tired of having to throw their share of money into the programs for no other reason than to help subsidize those wages. Over 60% of the people who are receiving such benefits are working full time.

bacha29

OK, I'll try.

And who's to decide what he's worth?........You?

59 Dano

And state governments are tired of having to throw their share of money into the programs for no other reason than to help subsidize those wages. Over 60% of the people who are receiving such benefits are working full time.

And the majority are single females with one or more children. And they comprise the majority of the long-term public assistance recipients.

Tell me again how it's the pay that's the problem.

dezguy

OK, I'll try.

They raised minimum wage a few years back in my province. Guess what happened when they did? The guy working at the previous minimum wage got a raise and kept on working.

I love alarmists who think if minimum wage goes up, people lose their jobs.

59 Dano

They raised minimum wage a few years back in my province. Guess what happened when they did? The guy working at the previous minimum wage got a raise and kept on working.

I love alarmists who think if minimum wage goes up, people lose their jobs.

It depends on the labor market. Where I live, you could raise the minimum wage by a couple of bucks and it wouldn't cause that much of a problem for most entry-level employers because they're already paying that much (or more) and it's a ridiculously competitive labor market. Some employers would be screwed because they wouldn't be able to maintain their current staffing at the new rate without cutting hours or getting rid of someone or raising prices.

A few towns over, that kind of increase would cause problems because the jobs are few and far between and most of them are low-skill dead end jobs.

Me, if I'm paying minimum wage and it goes up, I cut hours. If I have to, I get rid of an employee and hire someone else who's worth is closer to the new wage.

Working4the1%

It depends on the labor market. Where I live, you could raise the minimum wage by a couple of bucks and it wouldn't cause that much of a problem for most entry-level employers because they're already paying that much (or more) and it's a ridiculously competitive labor market. Some employers would be screwed because they wouldn't be able to maintain their current staffing at the new rate without cutting hours or getting rid of someone or raising prices.

A few towns over, that kind of increase would cause problems because the jobs are few and far between and most of them are low-skill dead end jobs.

Me, if I'm paying minimum wage and it goes up, I cut hours. If I have to, I get rid of an employee and hire someone else who's worth is closer to the new wage.
Heres a secret..pay a living wage..turnover goes down