Ground owners get ready to drive again

Brownsocks

Just a dog
It's how Amazon operates. Once they get la foothold in an industry they tend to eliminate the competition.
The Amazon/UPS partnership seems to be pretty stable atm, and we seem to be working well together. It is scary to think about the 1.7% increase in Amazon volume year over, but atleast we aren't going backwards yet. I think our relationships with businesses and our career drivers can retain a lot of contracts even under Amazon's weight.

MAKAVELI

The Amazon/UPS partnership seems to be pretty stable atm, and we seem to be working well together. It is scary to think about the 1.7% increase in Amazon volume year over, but atleast we aren't going backwards yet. I think our relationships with businesses and our career drivers can retain a lot of contracts even under Amazon's weight.
Wherever Amazon has it's distribution centers and drivers I'm pretty sure it reduces or eliminates most of the volume going to UPS.

HD219

My boss would rather go bankrupt than put his lazy :censored2: in a delivery vehicle.

Anyone else's ground station failing miserable? We've outgrown our station which wasn't supposed to happen for another 5 years. We have drivers loading trucks outside. 1/4 of the packages get taken for a ride and come straight back to the station. This doesn't seem sustainable to me.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Wherever Amazon has it's distribution centers and drivers I'm pretty sure it reduces or eliminates most of the volume going to UPS.
We have it all here, but I still get more than my fair share of Amazon envelopes, small boxes and irregs. We handle a lot of the 3rd party shipping and lots of fba. I bet those Cincinnati drivers still get plenty too.

It will be fine

My boss would rather go bankrupt than put his lazy * in a delivery vehicle.

Anyone else's ground station failing miserable? We've outgrown our station which wasn't supposed to happen for another 5 years. We have drivers loading trucks outside. 1/4 of the packages get taken for a ride and come straight back to the station. This doesn't seem sustainable to me.
Capacity is a big issue. Corporate paused or canceled a lot of capex for buildings in 2018-19. Then the Covid spike hit and they got caught with their pants down. They’ll dig their way out eventually but probably do some good damage to the brand in the meantime.

robdabanks

We have being failing for months. We aren’t overlapped. Our morning sorts take 9-10 hrs and they still roll freight. I have seen out of state drivers coming in to help out. Between the capacity of the building , the volume, and lack of workers, it is a perfect storm.

HD219

We have being failing for months. We aren’t overlapped. Our morning sorts take 9-10 hrs and they still roll freight. I have seen out of state drivers coming in to help out. Between the capacity of the building , the volume, and lack of workers, it is a perfect storm.
Perfectly describes my station also. Drivers are dropping like flies.

dmac1

We have Amazon drivers here, yet a package I ordered Saturday from Amazon is being delivered by UPS. Seems a little random. I once ordered 3 of the identical item, at the same moment, and two were delivered by the Amazon driver, but the other was delivered by UPS a couple hours earlier. Very efficient use of the planet's resources.

zeev

Amazon using AI can sort to which ever carrier is best UPS or Amazon network . UPS hates those residential stops anyways.