Ground owners get ready to drive again

MAKAVELI

That myth has been going for a decade now. Why would they want it?
Amazon has more $ than God and they are expanding quite fast. While FedEx is making $, they seem to be spinning in circles right now trying to figure out how to be viable in the future with it's split Ground and Express. The question is why wouldn't Amazon want to buy FedEx and become the #1 carrier and online retailer?

bbsam

Staff member
Amazon has more $ than God and they are expanding quite fast. While FedEx is making $, they seem to be spinning in circles right now trying to figure out how to be viable in the future with it's split Ground and Express. The question is why wouldn't Amazon want to buy FedEx and become the #1 carrier and online retailer?
Anti-trust? Amazon is UPS’ biggest customer. What happens when that goes away and Amazon is in direct competition with UPS?

MAKAVELI

Anti-trust? Amazon is UPS’ biggest customer. What happens when that goes away and Amazon is in direct competition with UPS?
Amazon is already in direct competition. There's nothing stopping Amazon Air from transporting 3rd party cargo right now and having it's drivers deliver it.

It will be fine

They might try it like diapers.com. Sell the service at a loss to capture the market. I doubt many shippers would switch though. Amazon has a reputation for stealing the data of their vendors.

It will be fine

Sorry other than Target/Walmart who compete against Amazon directly. Every other company would prefer same del date at half the price. Apple Nike adidas and on and on
Amazon achieves that by stocking their warehouses ahead of sales based on their data. For a 3rd party to get the same result they’d have to turn over their entire supply chain to Amazon. You think Nike will do that?

bacha29

Yes. The big money will be rolling in. That’s what I said. That’s when I’m looking to get out.
Chances are if a private interest were to take over at your terminal they will want the routes as well including yours. Don't try to hang on for a needless extra year or two then be forced to sell to that new private operator for a fraction of the price you could have got for it 18 months earlier.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
One among many reasons why Texas needs to connect to the power grid.
ERCOT just needs to require all electric providers to purchase excess electricity from all those residential solar panel investors.

Doubt that outside of the TVA that I could heat and cool my 3350 s/friend for average of $75/ month in Texas heat and humidity. Hopefully, the generating plants are being required to prepare for another Icemaggedon. Luckily for me, I’m in the same grid as the national headquarters of a major transportation company which has the highest priority status.

bbsam

Staff member
Chances are if a private interest were to take over at your terminal they will want the routes as well including yours. Don't try to hang on for a needless extra year or two then be forced to sell to that new private operator for a fraction of the price you could have got for it 18 months earlier.
Chances are FedEx will never give a private interest an entire building. They’ve seen that mess before.