Ground working Saturday

bbsam

Staff member
Does ground contractors get triple pay after so many deliveries like HD ? After we reach a certain threshold, stop pay is tripled for remaining stops.
We have thresholds but generally speaking I've found it best to take on only as much extra my team and I can handle and not hire anyone else.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I apologize... i didnt elaborate. Ok so my normal stop cap on my service area went above 110, the contractor's settlement TRIPLED? ?? while i slaved out there close to midnight for the past month and a half?

Slightly off topic: I still cant afford that specific garmin gps unit so i can load my stops into that thing.

I'm back to normal levels, so i had to give up my stepvan and is now back to a measly formerly uhaul boxvan, which slows me down so im clocking out by 2000 if traffic and road conditions are in my favor...

It will be fine

I apologize... i didnt elaborate. Ok so my normal stop cap on my service area went above 110, the contractor's settlement TRIPLED? ?? while i slaved out there close to midnight for the past month and a half?

Slightly off topic: I still cant afford that specific garmin gps unit so i can load my stops into that thing.

I'm back to normal levels, so i had to give up my stepvan and is now back to a measly formerly uhaul boxvan, which slows me down so im clocking out by 2000 if traffic and road conditions are in my favor...
You're a little off. Past a certain, typically really high, number of stops the contractor gets some extra money per stop. It's normally around $1-2/stop additional for every stop over that really high threshold. I usually take that cash and divvy it up between all the guys for extra bonus. It's there to incentivize us to hire extra help. The problem is there's not enough money to make that worthwhile so it's better to skate by with regular staff.