Ground working Saturday

Crozz

Yes, east and west coast hard a rough start at the beginning with the overload of packages. But everything was cleaned up for the most part Saturday

fedex_rtd

You will do as you are told to do by your sole contract/employer.
If FedEx says work Saturday you better work Saturday or your contract may not be renewed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
WSJ: Some retailers warn of delivery delays, blame FedEx
Dec 23 2015, 17:41 ET | About: FedEx Corporation (FDX) | By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor
mail_icon.png

A few retailers are warning customers that their holiday packages are being delayed and blaming what they say are broader problems at FedEx (NYSE:FDX), according to a WSJ report.

Officials at Eddie Bauer and Pacific Sunwear (NASDAQ:PSUN) have said this week that FDX is experiencing a backlog that is "delaying standard shipments by several days or even weeks, [and] all online merchants are affected."

Other retailers, including Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), say their orders are shipping normally.

FDX says it is running operations around the clock to "accommodate additional unforeseen volume from some customers," but that its delivery network is “performing as designed for the forecasted volumes from our major retail and e-tail customers."

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Although im at hd, im going to give my work out to 3 of those temp drivers this Saturday . If the volume didnt change.

they did that for me on Xmas eve, so i finally had a lighter load and clocked out at 1800 instead of close to midnight

Purplepackage

We are running an "All hands on deck" Saturday at my station. One of two flights has either been really late or no show every day this past week.

I know certain markets are hurting pretty bad after not getting flights because of the storms in the mid west.

And on top of volume that apparently no one saw coming it's a mess (luckily not for my station, I'll be strolling in tomorrow for some last day christmas ot)

TeamLift

Anyone else hear this? We aren't behind, either.

Not only is Ground not working Sat at my hub, they barely worked at all this peak. In the past they always took all our incompatibles, this year they didn't take any on Monday or Saturday, and only took them the rest of the week until 5.00 am, what a joke. So they leave with a 1000 or more cubic ft of space half full and we had 100 more packages than normal plus this over size garbage we had to cram in. Yet the monitor in the office says thanks for helping ground deliver Christmas this year, screw you

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
HD Easiest Saturday ever!

Contractor called me early... 50 stops, so i napped for a bit longer. Since im salary. Until 90 stops, i agree to come in.

Strolled in at 0800
Traffic is busy, but i got my deliveries done by 1300... no brown package cars on the road, just fedex and USPS and maybe unmarked lasership vehicles

Many others were operating similar to my route, in the red (for those contractors) as well, while a select few were in over 100-plus stops.

Back to Tuesday- Saturday schedule...

Thanks, el Nino, for the shorts weather! I was burnt out on Xmas eve.

CJinx

Not only is Ground not working Sat at my hub, they barely worked at all this peak. In the past they always took all our incompatibles, this year they didn't take any on Monday or Saturday, and only took them the rest of the week until 5.00 am, what a joke. So they leave with a 1000 or more cubic ft of space half full and we had 100 more packages than normal plus this over size garbage we had to cram in. Yet the monitor in the office says thanks for helping ground deliver Christmas this year, screw you
Are the contractors not getting along or something? Did anyone even ask Ground for help?

TeamLift

Are the contractors not getting along or something? Did anyone even ask Ground for help?

That was the law laid down to us at HD, could have been plant manager or ground supervisors said that's all we're taking and that's it. Had to rent an elephant to back that ass up to cram in really big packages, then when I delivered them had to run like hell before customer saw what condition they were in. Ground got 3 days off in a row, we worked Sat, then off Sun and Mon.