Grounds for grieving

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
The Master.... says loading/unloading "can be" a preferred job.

"Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established."

I've never seen it posted as such, in my Local.

No one would sign it.
STOP the drama sir!! UPS will do anything not to play the ball game by the rule, hope it's not yours too.
bull-testicles.jpg

RolloTony Brown Town

Most areas that I know of loading is not a seniority/preferred job. Meaning they can move you anywhere in the job position and not follow seniority.

This may be different in your area. Just don't be surprised if the BA tells you this.

I was thinking the same thing. Hub employees that aren’t in a preferred position in my location are “work as directed” employees. They can move you from area to area and there isn’t much you can do.

This may not be the case for the OP, but definitely a possibility.

RolloTony Brown Town

"Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established."

Assuming loading is a preferred job at his location. This doesn’t mean the employee can utilize this part of the contract for a specific work area, correct?