Grounds for grieving

RolloTony Brown Town

Thanks for all the replies guys. I ended up telling my steward and yesterday I’m told that I’ve been moved to a different area. Less hours and “easier” work. So now I’m filing a seniority violation grievance since I had seniority on a couple guys. This guy loves giving me a headache, why not give him one as well

Who did you have seniority on? Employees in your new area or in your old?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
So i’ve been working for ups for a year and a half as a loader, never had any issues besides the occasional filing grievances on supervisors working. Recently my work area was moved to a new area to accommodate the volume increase we got and so i have a new pt and ft sup. Both of them LOVE to do union work, and i file every time i’m able to see it(they’ve recently been keeping me in one door all shift) Ever since i started filing on these supervisors, the center manager has taken an interest in me doing my job “by the book” when he’s never even spoken to me before the area switch. Now i know filing puts a bullseye on your back so to speak but i know how to do my job and it’s just been more annoying than actually having me worried about possible discipline.

But today as i was coming down from picking off, he got on me about not wearing my scanner belt saying that if i’m on the floor it needs to be on. I try to explain that i just came down from picking off and was instructed to pick up sides on a door and then go home but he wasn’t having it. Blowing up saying that i shouldn’t give him attitude, and that before i touch a package i should always scan it to make sure i’m not putting up missorts(i know the sort so i dont know why i need my scanner for this...)

My question is: is this grounds for harassment/retaliation? Like i said, it’s been annoying before but this situation just feels like he went on a power trip
Call your BA tell him that his fired and your making sure he wont get his second pension short his vacation live style and his back to the warehouse to the rat hole!!

scumbag

Call your BA tell him that his fired and your making sure he wont get his second pension short his vacation live style and his back to the warehouse to the rat hole!!

BAs coming down tomorrow! Dont know if i’m gonna demand he’s fired lol but definitely telling him to get off my ass

Brown echo

BAs coming down tomorrow! Dont know if i’m gonna demand he’s fired lol but definitely telling him to get off my ass
Great!!!, let the local know that you don't need his service ask for another BA on Writing , sent via Fax and/or certified mail , reason not capable to take care any of your matter, also let your lawyer know with a copy of the letter, with the contract violation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Is english your first language ?

Asking for the supervisor to be fired.... because he was mean to you ?

Good luck.

Great!!!, let the local know that you don't need his service ask for another BA on Writing , sent via Fax and/or certified mail , reason not capable to take care any of your matter, also let your lawyer know with a copy of the letter, with the contract violation.

Your speaking, or writing skills might not be the problem.

Comprehension.... might be an issue also.

And really ?

You think a part-time employee has a lawyer on retainer ?

Come on dude....

I laugh, when people mention using a lawyer for day to day issues at UPS.

They'll take your money for sure.... and tell you there is no case.

Follow the grievance procedure.

Brown echo

Come on dude....

OK , Not true in general, but possibly true in some cases !! Mr BigUnionGuy!!
depositphotos_128184580-stock-illustration-open-here-label-or-sticker.jpg
iStock_85396123_MEDIUM.jpg

Brown echo

Good luck.

And really ?

Come on dude....

I told him the true , I won't dance like you !!

542thruNthru

Thanks for all the replies guys. I ended up telling my steward and yesterday I’m told that I’ve been moved to a different area. Less hours and “easier” work. So now I’m filing a seniority violation grievance since I had seniority on a couple guys. This guy loves giving me a headache, why not give him one as well

Most areas that I know of loading is not a seniority/preferred job. Meaning they can move you anywhere in the job position and not follow seniority.

This may be different in your area. Just don't be surprised if the BA tells you this.

Brown echo

Good luck.

And really ?

Come on dude....

You might be a fake BA also .

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Most areas that I know of loading is not a seniority/preferred job. Meaning they can move you anywhere in the job position and not follow seniority.

The Master.... says loading/unloading "can be" a preferred job.

"Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established."

I've never seen it posted as such, in my Local.

No one would sign it.

542thruNthru

The Master.... says loading/unloading "can be" a preferred job.

"Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established."

I've never seen it posted as such, in my Local.

No one would sign it.

Yes I used the wrong wording. What I meant is he doesn't get to pick what area he is in by seniority. He was moved to a different area doing the same job.

Brown echo

Are you just :censored2:ing with me ?

Who talks like this ?

BA's don't get 2 pensions.
NO but , we both know they do , call your local right know , they going to said well we not here for that or Who talks like this? we are the last of the mohicans . those BA not doing the job should not get the 2 pension.