Guaranteed 40 but a laid off day

Lips1987

Was just wondering if you are guaranteed 40 and 8 hour days how can they lay off on a Saturday and say see you Tuesday? Shouldn’t I be given the option to do something? Even clean the facility or something?

newbie777

I’m wrong, they have to offer you 8 hours 5 consecutive days if you are 22.4. That is an inside/driving position. They can lay off bottom 10% of rpcd but there can be no 22.4 driving. And still they can bump two part time employees to get their 8.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Was just wondering if you are guaranteed 40 and 8 hour days how can they lay off on a Saturday and say see you Tuesday? Shouldn’t I be given the option to do something? Even clean the facility or something?

Depends on your supplemental language. If you are a 22.4, you are guaranteed 5 consecutive days of 8 hr shifts when reporting as scheduled.

"All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) con- secutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as sched- uled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a fve (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject."

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No work and you push a broom for 8 hours.

Our problem is the clowns that forfeit their guaranteed and work code 5 or take the day off.

Lips1987

Thanks for the info guys. I think they might try to pull a fast one with some of that wording in there. The part that says “reporting as scheduled” because I start at 9 and when I got up at 7, I had a text at 6:30 telling me to not come in. So I probably should of just showed up to sweep or something lol

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Thanks for the info guys. I think they might try to pull a fast one with some of that wording in there. The part that says “reporting as scheduled” because I start at 9 and when I got up at 7, I had a text at 6:30 telling me to not come in. So I probably should of just showed up to sweep or something lol
Report everyday. Sweep as necessary 😗

Seymour Packages

I refuse to bail out UPS for their lack of planning. If I am offered a layoff day, I not only refuse it, I make sure I do something menial and simple. I parked package cars and swept the dock for my 8 hours a few days ago. friend you, pay me my 8 hour guarantee.

Nippo

Show up and if asked about the text, say I didn't see it say I'm here and ready to work. They've got to find something for you do for 8 even if its moving pallets and cleaning trailers.

ManInBrown

Text at 6:30 lolol.