guard took employee ID at guard shack

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Here they log the stickers but unless you cross check every time it is essentially window dressing. I was told on some phones the serial number they record would allow your phone to be cloned.
image.jpeg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What cracks me up is how they issue these stickers like chicklets, while never rostering who they give them to.
Each sticker has a corresponding number, but they have no record of these numbers and who possess them.
I routinely find strips of them laying around the hub when it is the flavor of the week.
When I ask my managers if they would like to buy a strip, they aren't amused?
It is a typical half ass managerial effort, designed to provide the illusion that they are reducing a liability.
I recently bought an iPhone 6. Rather than waste time trying to find the security person who is (supposedly) in charge of such things, I just peeled the sticker off the back of my old iPhone 4 and stuck it to the clip on the back of the Otter Box for my new phone. That was 3 months ago and no one has said a word.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I recently bought an iPhone 6. Rather than waste time trying to find the security person who is (supposedly) in charge of such things, I just peeled the sticker off the back of my old iPhone 4 and stuck it to the clip on the back of the Otter Box for my new phone. That was 3 months ago and no one has said a word.
I did that with 4 different laptops. The security checkers in Mahwah would check or act like they were checking but they never said anything.

oldngray

nowhere special

I always did the same thing when I got a new phone. All that mattered was there was something there for the rent a cops to see.

Ring Sport

I have told them to go ahead and keep my phone. I then warn them to be prepared when my wife calls looking for me. She doesn't care who you are, she will rip you a new one.

AllOnTheHorses

Same thing happened to me a few years ago.. as a preloader. Guard asked for ID and kept it.. because I had a cellphone.
Laugh it off.. sign in when you get to work, ask HR for a replacement, say you lost it.
When the guard kept mine, I told him to enjoy my picture.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Same thing happened to me a few years ago.. as a preloader. Guard asked for ID and kept it.. because I had a cellphone.
Laugh it off.. sign in when you get to work, ask HR for a replacement, say you lost it.
When the guard kept mine, I told him to enjoy my picture.
Lost ID costs you 30 bucks to replace here.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Hmmm, apparently it was good information and worse than I thought. Everyone with a CDMA phone has just been giving them all the necessary info to clone their phone.

Without a femtocell, an attacker interested in cloning a mobile device could "wait for the victim to go to the bathroom and write down the identifiers associated with the phone," DePerry said. It's much easier, and harder to get caught, if you just set up the femtocell and wait for mobile devices to register automatically with the tower. All the necessary identifiers are transmitted during the registration process, so attackers can easily get the information to create a cloned phone without ever touching the victim's device, DePerry said.

http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/hack...ting-calls-and-cloning-phones-with-femtocells

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Lost ID costs you 30 bucks to replace here.
If they tried that crap here it would fail. I would just report to the guard shack at my scheduled start time. They can issue me a replacement ID for free or they can pay me my guaranteed 8 to sit outside the guard shack.