Guess who came crawling back?

SozeKeyser

Wonder if it's the garbage out of town :censored2: or if sales grew a set and told them we're not taking the bull:censored2: stops.
Agree to an extent but on the flip side honestly I'm looking for whatever continues to build our profits and keep us employed. Walk in off the street rates and overweight over size and extended area and whatever else including the kitchen sink surcharges are fine by me.

SozeKeyser

There's nothing better than knowing that we can basically set up the vacuum cleaners to suck them dry & increase profits and remain employed. Personally who cares what size the packages are or how heavy just keep the money train rolling and don't look in the rearview mirror

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There's nothing better than knowing that we can basically set up the vacuum cleaners to suck them dry & increase profits and remain employed.

That was a component of the reasoning for not renewing the contract with them. The obvious reason was that they wanted deep discounts for unprofitable work. The secondary reason was that it would make it harder for UPS and Amazon to provide on-time service. It put FedEx in a better position down the road if (when) Amazon ran into problems. For all of the "OMG FRED IS SO DUMB WHO TURNS DOWN AMAZON" hysteria, it was the right move. The growth of e-commerce was likely to outpace the ability of Amazon to meet its service commitments without having FedEx as a carrier.

I doubt Amazon pays full retail but whatever they are paying will be much more favorable to FedEx than whatever deal would have been negotiated last summer.

Personally who cares what size the packages are or how heavy just keep the money train rolling and don't look in the rearview mirror

Exactly. This is the time to rake it in.

floridays

No wonder he’s back. Amazon is about to have warehouse workers on “sickouts” and tech workers staging a “virtual walkout”.

If there were any union with the cajones and financial backing, Amazon would be in a world of hurt.
Coast to coast, you and me, let's give it a go.

floridays

I’m happy to have amazon boxes as long as they’re paying enough for us to make money on it, and not just filling trucks and planes with zero-profit packages.
Not to be a jackass, but my guess is full or discounted charge you will not see a change on your paycheck. Either way, I hope your 700 is loaded. Please salute the mountains for me. Take care.

floridays

There's nothing better than knowing that we can basically set up the vacuum cleaners to suck them dry & increase profits and remain employed. Personally who cares what size the packages are or how heavy just keep the money train rolling and don't look in the rearview mirror
Youth, I think I remember when I had it.
You're impressive, hope they reciprocate.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Personally who cares what size the packages are or how heavy just keep the money train rolling and don't look in the rearview mirror
The couriers who deliver heavy and oversized packages care. Would you like carrying around multiple 150 pound unassembled desks, or trampolines all day, day after day only to eventually get injured by doing so?

McFeely

Huge Member
If we charged accurately/appropriately for 150 lb desks and trampolines, they wouldn't be coming Express. That's what they need to be doing: charging the right cost for those BS packages.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If we charged accurately/appropriately for 150 lb desks and trampolines, they wouldn't be coming Express. That's what they need to be doing: charging the right cost for those BS packages.
Agreed they should be charging appropriately for heavy and oversized but they’ll get some kind if break and FedEx will look the other way while you’re stuck delivering that 186lb. son of a bitch that snuck through while your manager gives you help in the way of morale support.

floridays

Agreed they should be charging appropriately for heavy and oversized but they’ll get some kind if break and FedEx will look the other way while you’re stuck delivering that 186lb. son of a bitch that snuck through while your manager gives you help in the way of morale support.
That's yer ass, I heard you guys only delivered letters.:rolleyes::lol::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::lips:
Thanks for delivering the purple promise.

Don't get pissed at me, I'm in your corner, just not in the ring. You guys are a big part of the backbone, you and a few other groups deserve your due.

Hell Catus, your're retired, @McFeely, what I just said goes to you.

bacha29

And they'll keep mauling Ground for every possible cent of profit they can get out of it while scores of Express cargo planes remain parked on sideline runways and by the time they realize that Ground is a poorly constructed half rectum operation that is anything but fail safe they will have long since killed the goose that lays the golden eggs.

CJinx

Amazon has been around incognito for a while now. Mostly nondescript boxes with an unusual area code phone number on them followed by a five digit extension, which when called, says "You have reached an Amazon customer...".

MassWineGuy

First, I hope Amazon is paying normal rates. Two, that they’re not just giving us the crappy, hard to find locations.

I guess ole’ Jeff bit off more than he could chew when he set up his little delivery operation.

AB831

And they'll keep mauling Ground for every possible cent of profit they can get out of it while scores of Express cargo planes remain parked on sideline runways and by the time they realize that Ground is a poorly constructed half rectum operation that is anything but fail safe they will have long since killed the goose that lays the golden eggs.
Yup. Shifting freight over to ground is the equivalent of throwing jetsam overboard a sinking ship. It won't do a thing to change the outcome.

MAKAVELI

Amazon has been around incognito for a while now. Mostly nondescript boxes with an unusual area code phone number on them followed by a five digit extension, which when called, says "You have reached an Amazon customer...".
That's most likely 3rd party shippers that we've continued to service after ending the contract with Amazon.

MAKAVELI

First, I hope Amazon is paying normal rates. Two, that they’re not just giving us the crappy, hard to find locations.

I guess ole’ Jeff bit off more than he could chew when he set up his little delivery operation.
I think Covid-19 is what pushed them to use us again. Peak like numbers in the spring will do that.