Guess who came crawling back?

floridays

Dude... Amazon struggling with delivery was EXPECTED. Estimates put Amazon's Express PO/2D volume at over 200,000 pkgs a day shortly before the contract terminated. That kind of freight was growing faster than the remaining carriers' ability to properly service it. The virus hastened the inevitable.

As much as you want to believe that not renewing the contract was clumsy desperation, it wasn't. You don't lock yourself into a bad contract when that sector of the economy is growing and shows no signs of slowing down.
Why the deep discounts with the previous contract?

floridays

If that's how you choose to see it.

I've been here since 2009. You think NOW I'm going to worry about popularity???
He princess, you are the only one talking about popularity.
Freds Myth said:

Only from the Johnny-come-latelies.

The senior employees on here have been advocating dropping Amazon for quite awhile. Your ‘I’m the only voice of reason here’ profession is laughable.

No popularity contest, just noting you weren't the only one that thought it, that is all he said.

Don't be judge someone's reading comprehension so quickly.

I'm gonna give you the opportunity to be the first smart guy on the block.

Why did we offer Amazon such deep discounts the first time?

Get all your Fedex philosophy, talking points and reasoning in line.

This should be enjoyable.

You're up smart guy.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
He princess, you are the only one talking about popularity.
Freds Myth said:

No popularity contest, just noting you weren't the only one that thought it, that is all he said.

Don't be judge someone's reading comprehension so quickly.

I'm gonna give you the opportunity to be the first smart guy on the block.

Why did we offer Amazon such deep discounts the first time?

Get all your Fedex philosophy, talking points and reasoning in line.

This should be enjoyable.

You're up smart guy.

Oh boy, meaningless trivia!

59 Dano

At what price?
I've got you princess, let's talk for awhile.
Not a price per unit, what exactly were the costs of the huge discounts?
You understand my question.
I welcome any senior employees input.

No johnny come latelies.

Beats me.

Give us a chance to pull your pants down.
It may not be so trivial.
You've got something on your plate you great forward thinker.

This certainly appears to be a huge deal to you, whatever it is. I worked in fast food in high school and my thinking at that time told me that none of the suits probably knew what order the toppings when on the burger or how long the fries were supposed to cook. BOY, I SHOWED THEM.

floridays

Beats me.

This certainly appears to be a huge deal to you, whatever it is. I worked in fast food in high school and my thinking at that time told me that none of the suits probably knew what order the toppings when on the burger or how long the fries were supposed to cook. BOY, I SHOWED THEM.
I'm not your regular jackass. Answer the question. You have every other answer.
Now it's your chance to shine, give us the metrics BS.
After you answer the original question I've go another one ready for you.
Don't disappoint.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I worked in fast food in high school and my thinking at that time told me that none of the suits probably knew what order the toppings when on the burger or how long the fries were supposed to cook. BOY, I SHOWED THEM.
Then they deep fried your ass and fired you?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And then you vowed to wreak your revenge by denigrating anyone who failed to meet your standards.

floridays

Oh. What kind of jackass are you?
I thought I'd made it fairly obvious, I thought a smart guy like you would have figured it out.

Answer the damn question, you are smart enough to figure out I wanted the rationale. I made it pretty clear.

Exactly what happened to offering a premium service for premium prices?

Exactly why was margin sacrificed?

If the smart boys knew it would turn out as it has why wasn't the issue dealt with at the onset?

Exactly what failures did this low cost, margin defeating volume help contribute to?

Help me out, you are the brains of the operation.

AB831

I thought I'd made it fairly obvious, I thought a smart guy like you would have figured it out.

Answer the damn question, you are smart enough to figure out I wanted the rationale. I made it pretty clear.

If the smart boys knew it would turn out as it has why wasn't the issue dealt with at the onset?

Exactly what failures did this low cost, margin defeating volume help contribute to?

He runs and hides whenever challenged. The other day he was claiming to know EXACTLY what compensation the pilots received after that hijacking attack a few years back. However, when pressed on HOW he knew it, he straight up refused to answer the question. His reply? "You ask too many stupid questions". He's what you call a pseudo-intellectual.

59 Dano

Nothing.

It wasn't.

What "turned out" is that Amazon wanted to negotiate a bad contract. FedEx said no. That's how you deal with it.

None.

Compared to you, it sure seems that way.

59 Dano

He runs and hides whenever challenged. The other day he was claiming to know EXACTLY what compensation the pilots received after that hijacking attack a few years back.

I said they got paid everything they were entitled to receive.

However, when pressed on HOW he knew it, he straight up refused to answer the question. His reply? "You ask too many stupid questions". He's what you call a pseudo-intellectual.

LOL. You're either lying or you're stupid. I never said such a thing when asked about that.

floridays

It wasn't.

Deep discounting may increase revenue, at the same time it will lower margins.

Overloaded sort systems contributing to late departures leading to late arrivals

Ad Hoc flights created to service overflow, whether it was caused by discounted Amazon or full rate freight that had no room

Difficulties in crew scheduling for these ad hoc flights, and the associated problems created

Wet leases from Atlas Air explicitly needed because of lower margin highly discounted volume from Amazon

Deeply discounted Amazon freight did not contribute to any of of these situations that led to failures which tarnished the brand and reputation of Fedex?

Is any of the above correct?

Last edited:

AB831

I said they got paid everything they were entitled to receive.

LOL. You're either lying or you're stupid. I never said such a thing when asked about that.
I’m neither. You were right, however. You said that in response to another question that you cowered away from answering.
C30C75A4-3AF8-4A43-9239-3C4C605905C2.png