Guess who came crawling back?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In my opinion, it doesn’t matter why they’re back, they’ve shown who and what they are/want to be. They should get no discount.

Exactly.

Nine months after getting pilloried for not signing a new contract with Amazon, Fat Freddy is sitting at his desk and along comes the guy who was going to put him out of business with his checkbook in hand, needing help. It's as if he knew something about package transport.

bbsam

Staff member
Exactly.

Nine months after getting pilloried for not signing a new contract with Amazon, Fat Freddy is sitting at his desk and along comes the guy who was going to put him out of business with his checkbook in hand, needing help. It's as if he knew something about package transport.
Nothing brilliant there. We’ve been saying it here for years.

59 Dano

Nothing brilliant there. We’ve been saying it here for years.

The scuttlebutt on this forum was that Fat Freddy was an idiot for walking away from Amazon and that Bezos was going to eat his lunch, and that I was crazy for thinking that it made sense to walk away and let Amazon have problems with its network because it put Fat Freddy in a position to potentially make money off of it when if eventually happened. There was a flood of "How dare you doubt Amazon" for a while.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The scuttlebutt on this forum was that Fat Freddy was an idiot for walking away from Amazon and that Bezos was going to eat his lunch, and that I was crazy for thinking that it made sense to walk away and let Amazon have problems with its network because it put Fat Freddy in a position to potentially make money off of it when if eventually happened. There was a flood of "How dare you doubt Amazon" for a while.
Only from the Johnny-come-latelies.

The senior employees on here have been advocating dropping Amazon for quite awhile. Your ‘I’m the only voice of reason here’ profession is laughable.

59 Dano

Only from the Johnny-come-latelies.

The senior employees on here have been advocating dropping Amazon for quite awhile. Your ‘I’m the only voice of reason here’ profession is laughable.

Didn't say I was the only voice of reason, said I was the one who caught grief over being reasonable.

Brush up on your comprehension.

AB831

Dude, getting rid of Amazon was another case of Fat Freddy throwing the jetsam overboard his sinking ship. In this instance, his Hail Mary was answered in the form of a worldwide virus. In other words....dumb luck.

59 Dano

whether or not he holds himself up as the voice of reason vs. demeaning everyone who disagrees with him.

Sometimes both, sometimes one or the other, sometimes neither. Depends. Sometimes the board is flooded with the most stupid of bleating. When it is, then I hold myself up as the voice of reason AND demean the bleating.

Not really concerned with who likes it or if it's liked at all. Not my problem.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Sometimes both, sometimes one or the other, sometimes neither. Depends. Sometimes the board is flooded with the most stupid of bleating. When it is, then I hold myself up as the voice of reason AND demean the bleating.

Not really concerned with who likes it or if it's liked at all. Not my problem.
The fact that you felt the need to respond belies your statement.

59 Dano

Dude, getting rid of Amazon was another case of Fat Freddy throwing the jetsam overboard his sinking ship. In this instance, his Hail Mary was answered in the form of a worldwide virus. In other words....dumb luck.

Dude... Amazon struggling with delivery was EXPECTED. Estimates put Amazon's Express PO/2D volume at over 200,000 pkgs a day shortly before the contract terminated. That kind of freight was growing faster than the remaining carriers' ability to properly service it. The virus hastened the inevitable.

As much as you want to believe that not renewing the contract was clumsy desperation, it wasn't. You don't lock yourself into a bad contract when that sector of the economy is growing and shows no signs of slowing down.