bbsam

Staff member
Liberals are big children who want to stay children and so need to be taken care of. They don't care if their rights are taken away, its more productive to talk to your dook before you flush it. They like a big government that can be their parent.
Its funny to me that many call Trump a nazi or white supremecist... seems like you would like to keep any and every right in regards to the 2nd amenendment if they truly believed that.
This has been beaten to death, but look at all these “Red” states cashing the welfare checks.

Which States Rely the Most on Federal Aid? - Tax Foundation

Ghost in the Darkness

Yes. Having information means nothing. He was still within the law. Think about that for a while.

Hasn't stopped them in the past from paying someone a visit. Being proactive, have a little talk, ask a few questions. They have flagged books in the past, tapped phones, followed people...you don't even have the first clue about what else goes on. For the FBI and CIA to ever say they need a person of interest to commit the crime before they can pursue is laughable.

tourists24

[/QUOTE]There is no answer to the question. If you believe that the Federal government has no business in education, then lobby your state not to take the money. Lots of states turned down Obamacare money. In front of the cameras at least.[/QUOTE]

There is an answer. It’s just not one that is followed. Articles 1-3 defines what the federal government is allowed to do. Anything else is set for the states to do.

bbsam

Staff member
Hasn't stopped them in the past from paying someone a visit. Being proactive, have a little talk, ask a few questions. They have flagged books in the past, tapped phones, followed people...you don't even have the first clue about what else goes on. For the FBI and CIA to ever say they need a person of interest to commit the crime before they can pursue is laughable.
It’s possible they did those things and nothing materialized.

Had a buddy of mine who scrawled “Behead Bush on hisfence years ago.

Sure enough, another acquaintance of ours was asked questions about him. Nothing ever came of it because my buddy is an idiot and a goofball but not a terrorist.

bbsam

Staff member
There is no answer to the question. If you believe that the Federal government has no business in education, then lobby your state not to take the money. Lots of states turned down Obamacare money. In front of the cameras at least.[/QUOTE]

There is an answer. It’s just not one that is followed. Articles 1-3 defines what the federal government is allowed to do. Anything else is set for the states to do.[/QUOTE]
No. Again. I’d go over it but we’ve been all over it the last 24 hours.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There is an answer. It’s just not one that is followed. Articles 1-3 defines what the federal government is allowed to do. Anything else is set for the states to do.
16th amendment changed that.
They take your money, to get it back you play by their rules.
Republicans proposed and passed it btw, just something to think about.

BrownArmy

Im just talking about federal power vs state power. These progressives don’t understand we have states we are the United States of America. A lot of the things the federal government does now are out of bounds of its power and should be addressed at their state level. Instead they don’t even know about their state legislators and are making it harder on the rest of us not to be hyper focused on Washington DC. It’s why the country is so divided we are fighting on a national level and not being able to govern ourselves. It’s tyranny, I shouldn’t be deciding if Californians can smoke weed

Should your state be able to have slaves, or allow women to vote?

Some things are Federal.

tourists24

16th amendment changed that.
They take your money, to get it back you play by their rules.
Republicans proposed and passed it btw, just something to think about.
How does this give the fed the right to do more than the constitutional power already given to it? Other than have “blackmail” power?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How does this give the fed the right to do more than the constitutional power already given to it? Other than have “blackmail” power?
Power is power the details are just paperwork.
I'd say it's a lot more than blackmail power.
It's literal power institutionalized and backed by physical force.
Just ask George Wallace how his "states' rights" worked out in the face of judges' rulings that are backed by a military funded by his own tax dollars.... taken from him by means of the 16th amendment.

tourists24

Should your state be able to have slaves, or allow women to vote?

Some things are Federal.
13th amendment took care of slavery through federal power. 19th gave the federal government power allowing women to vote. You are correct. Some things are federal, all defined in the Constitution

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I notice you don’t answer, where do you think federal power ends and state power begins. The will of the governed can be expressed through state legislation. When the will of the governed in New York and California is being forced on Texas and Florida it’s called tyranny.
Federal government always looking for ways to defund Planned Parenthood. Maybe that decision should be left up to the states whether our Federal taxes come back to support that worthy organization.

Ghost in the Darkness

I pay my taxes, so I can have an opinion on where my money is going and the right to speak out where I see it wasted. I'm certainly not alone. My comment was about able bodied people who don't work and collect a check for nothing. Trump has taken some measures but a lot of handouts still being given to people who don't need them.