BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@DriveInDriveOut

Proudly displaying his flag.

41R8Y3stplL._SX463_.jpg

If gay is your way.... that's OK.

Wrong.

Really? You must be a forgettable person I don't recall any of your posts.
* Oh.... btw I carry and have more guns than I need. You didn't post anything about the constitution or freedom so frankly I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Good. Nothing to get over.
Do you have an argument? All I see are posts ridiculing others.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Do you have an argument? All I see are posts ridiculing others.
Who did I ridicule?
My point was I disagree with his meme, which is inaccurate.
I got that across with the X.

That upset him apparently because he then made ASSumptions about my political affiliations, and attempted to insult me by insinuating I'm a homosexual (which apparently he thinks is insulting for some reason, quite revealing...)

Last edited:

upsgrunt

I can see it coming. Someone on here is on the verge of a meltdown. I could be wrong; it's ok to "disagree" with me.
Ha- it is so predictable at so many things!
In its own words:
"it's sad"
"I feel sorry for it"

El Correcto

god is dead
So a scenario of a local sports complex that is a gun free zone would be better off with guns allowed?

I don’t recall such places being rife with mass shootings.

I imagine that considering the intensity of sports competition, alcohol being served, and weapons being abundant would cause more problems.

Really this logic is flawed from the beginning. Saying that having more guns in currently gun free zones would reduce gun violence is a statement without proof.

Consider schools. Think about armed teachers. Are these school shooters deranged? Probably. Stupid? Probably not.
So a school shooter enters a classroom. Who’s the first one shot? Teacher of course. The rest of the class is at the mercy of the gunman. What’s solved by arming the teachers? Likely the death count goes up because the deranged killer will be confined to a room with 25 to 30 targets. Who knows how far away the next armed teacher is? How many lethal shots can the shooter get off? Will the next armed teacher come alone and just be outgunned?

Really, it’s an idea that really solves nothing. It’s a “feel good” idea for the right wing.
In the case of the most recent shooting I believe his first victims were outside the school. Knowing places are armed vs not armed is enough motivation for these guys to go else where. They aren’t looking for a gun fight, they are looking to massacre people. The mere presence of security was enough to force Colorado shooter to choose a theater over an airport. Schools should be the last place these guys want to go, guard the children.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Knowing places are armed vs not armed is enough motivation for these guys to go else where. The mere presence of security was enough to force Colorado shooter to choose a theater over an airport. Schools should be the last place these guys want to go, guard the children.
Who's arguing against security guards?

El Correcto

god is dead
Right now they are focused on the teacher aspect. That’s fine, argue it all you want and post snowflakes not wanting to protect children all you want. They are also arguing against putting guns in schools all together.
Why Armed Guards at Schools Won’t Work
They are putting forth a weak argument of having armed guards increases the chance of violence in a robbery. These mass shooting are not robbery, money is far from the motivation in these killers head.

El Correcto

god is dead
This is why I think it shouldn’t even be handled on a federal level. What works in New York might not work in Texas. Hell what works in cities might vary, but the fact guarding schools hasn’t been at the forefront of political debate after columbine is disgusting. They push an anti-gun agenda which hasn’t been working and a lot of Americans don’t agree with.

They work great. I’ve delivered to a school that has one. Sits at a kiosk at the front door. Has cameras at every door. You have to be buzzed in. But they do have glass doors. Don’t think it would stop terminator.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Right now they are focused on the teacher aspect. That’s fine, argue it all you want and post snowflakes not wanting to protect children all you want. They are also arguing against putting guns in schools all together.
Why Armed Guards at Schools Won’t Work
They are putting forth a weak argument of having armed guards increases the chance of violence in a robbery. These mass shooting are not robbery, money is far from the motivation in these killers head.
Seems to me both sides of the debate are in constant search of a problem for their solutions. They both pounce on these events to push an agenda. Pushing more guns vs pushing less, both are stupid arguments.

School shootings are rare. We don't need to ban gun free zones. We don't need to ban guns. We don't need to arm teachers. We don't need armed guards. We don't need to blame it on mental health, or violent TV movies and video games.

Seriously people, chill out.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I know of a Lawyers office ( they handle foreclosures ) that has a set of double glass security doors . The first set of doors gets you to the receptionist's area ( after they buzz you in ) , which has it own heavy enclosed secured booth , they have to slide open a window to talk to you . The second set of doors also needs to be buzzed by the receptionists leads to the hall ways . I been in many banks that have less security .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They work great. I’ve delivered to a school that has one. Sits at a kiosk at the front door. Has cameras at every door. You have to be buzzed in. But they do have glass doors. Don’t think it would stop terminator.
Same here. Seems designed to keep out the perverts not the killers.