Guns

bbsam

Staff member
Of course you do. It goes along the lines of most of your failed logic.

I’m sure you sit in front of the TV or Hoover over your computer screen just waiting to find out if they voted for Trump? Lol what a nonsense way to live.
I’ve never hoovered anywhere in my entire life.

newolddude

My rights don’t come from any of those organizations. Sometimes those organizations do good things sometimes they do not. It’s been close to 20 years since I’ve been in NRA member. It’s a trash organization now.
I remember when it used to be about hunters, hunting, conservation, nature and education. I had my NRA card my grandfather got me.

Then it became a political committee run by the gun manufacturers to sell more product.

The NRA is complete trash.

Thebrownblob

That thing about individual responsibility is foreign to many.
That is correct and they would love to use words like “collective” and “greater good” to subvert your individual rights. Although, generally, they exclude their selves from those things. Liberal piety.

Thebrownblob

I remember when it used to be about hunters, hunting, conservation, nature and education. I had my NRA card my grandfather got me.

Then it became a political committee run by the gun manufacturers to sell more product.
The NRA was never just about hunting you’re mistaken about that.
But you are correct they’ve just become a political committee. Mostly all they do is capitulate and backpedal.

newolddude

The NRA was never just about hunting you’re mistaken about that.
But you are correct they’ve just become a political committee. Mostly all they do is capitulate and backpedal.
They hid it better when I was younger.

Now it's all about worshipping at the altar of the AR-15 because aparently that's the only acceptable weapon for home protection.

Thebrownblob

They hid it better when I was younger.

Now it's all about worshipping at the altar of the AR-15 because aparently that's the only acceptable weapon for home protection.
I wouldn’t suggest an A.R. 15 for home protection, nice weapon but there’s better ones. It seems some liberals demonize the A.R. 15 as if it’s something special, it is not.

Gotta Go

It doesn't take a liberal long to get back to "it's the guns fault".
Just ask Alec Baldwin, somebody still has to pull the trigger.

Thebrownblob

Why do you think it's not special?
Why do you think it is? There’s certainly much higher powered rounds with just as much capacity as an A.R. 15. Just because you can hang some fancy things on it and make it look cool doesn’t make it any more dangerous. Most non-gun owners don’t even really know what an A.R. 15 is from any other gun. Just propagandized by the media about a name of a weapon.

oldngray

nowhere special
Why do you think it is? There’s certainly much higher powered rounds with just as much capacity as an A.R. 15. Just because you can hang some fancy things on it and make it look cool doesn’t make it any more dangerous.
The main problem with an AR-15 in the home is over penetration. It definitely isn't higher powered but still good enough in most situations. The best option for home defense is probably a shotgun. Not very sexy but it gets the job done. Or a large caliber pistol if you are comfortable using one.

Thebrownblob

The main problem with an AR-15 in the home is over penetration. It definitely isn't higher powered but still good enough in most situations. The best option for home defense is probably a shotgun. Not very sexy but it gets the job done. Or a large caliber pistol if you are comfortable using one.
Bingo, I have a Glock 19 and a shotgun very close by in my home. My AR15 is nicely tucked away in the safe.

Thebrownblob

Agreed. So we shouldn’t cut funding for mental health.
Agree, although I’m not certain overmedicating people is the right answer either. Counseling would be my first option. Not medicine always. I suppose if we have to have the government spend money I would rather than spend money on that.

Gotta Go

1674578747282.png

bbsam

Staff member
I wouldn’t suggest an A.R. 15 for home protection, nice weapon but there’s better ones. It seems some liberals demonize the A.R. 15 as if it’s something special, it is not.
Actually everything I’ve seen on the AR lately is that it makes an excellent home protection firearm. Supposedly the projectile being so fast and lightweight contributes to reducing over penetration on impact.

My preference would be a shotgun possibly with bird shot. While that’s not commonly considered appropriate, within self defense ranges I think it’s more than adequate. Seems like some feel that if the threat is not completely obliterated, the defense is ineffective.

Thebrownblob

Actually everything I’ve seen on the AR lately is that it makes an excellent home protection firearm. Supposedly the projectile being so fast and lightweight contributes to reducing over penetration on impact.

My preference would be a shotgun possibly with bird shot. While that’s not commonly considered appropriate, within self defense ranges I think it’s more than adequate. Seems like some feel that if the threat is not completely obliterated, the defense is ineffective.
Just the click clack of racking a shotgun is a deterrent L O L will make just about anyone think twice.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve got a Springfield xdm full of Hornaday Critical Defense rounds in the nightstand right next to the bed