Gym b4 or after work?

tarbar66

When I left feeders for delivery I never bothered to work out again. People would ask me how I stayed in shape and I was happy to tell them I get paid to work out in my portable brown gym. I think a UPS driver is considered an Industrial Athlete. In 25 plus years I did a lot of lifting, squats, cardio and more.

screamin chicken

I have a nice weight room in my basement, I work out in the mornings before I get ready for my workday day, It helps me not think about the crap I'm about to get myself into....

Packagemule

Was lifting on the weekends but am going to start trying to go in before work due to snowboarding season and lack of time. Got a 8 40 am start time so there seems to be plenty of time. Only prob is my body hasnt ajusted to the early routine and my workouts have been less than stealer.(cant push as much weight). Lifting after work has never worked well for me as i am to tired to lift heavy. I usually climb in the evenings at the bouldering gym or play indoor soccer on thurs nights. The endurance activities bode well for my body after del all day as opposed to doing more lifting. Its still a work in progress figuring out what works well for my body....everybody is different

U

uber

Was lifting on the weekends but am going to start trying to go in before work due to snowboarding season and lack of time. Got a 8 40 am start time so there seems to be plenty of time. Only prob is my body hasnt ajusted to the early routine and my workouts have been less than stealer.(cant push as much weight). Lifting after work has never worked well for me as i am to tired to lift heavy. I usually climb in the evenings at the bouldering gym or play indoor soccer on thurs nights. The endurance activities bode well for my body after del all day as opposed to doing more lifting. Its still a work in progress figuring out what works well for my body....everybody is different

Indoor soccer? Are you a girly man?

danlin

Definitely for me mornings. Start time isn't until 9:00 so you know it will be late getting off work. A friend who is now retired after 33 years got me started in '94. We would lift in the winter time and cycle outside in the spring then shower and of to work. When I first started I told my friend that there is now way we can do this and then throw pkgs for 9+ hours but after the first week or so I discovered that I had way more energy and spark during the work day than if I don't workout in the mornings. He also taught me to pack a nutritious lunch and eat something every hour of the day (graze) this way you don't go chasing those huge meals in the afternoon and evening. I do get the 3pm crash sometimes, probably because of my rewarding cups of coffee in the morning.
Now I go to a 6am coffee drinking class with a running problem, I run with people of all different abilities and then we meet up at a coffee shack and take turns buying, it keeps you loyal to coming to class (as we call it).
Now that I am 52 with 31 years in as a driver I try to shoot for 8 hours of sleep every night, research tells us that it is very important for recovery and rebuild. During peak I always shut down the gym time and just try to relax when I am not at work.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Definitely for me mornings. Start time isn't until 9:00 so you know it will be late getting off work. A friend who is now retired after 33 years got me started in '94. We would lift in the winter time and cycle outside in the spring then shower and of to work. When I first started I told my friend that there is now way we can do this and then throw pkgs for 9+ hours but after the first week or so I discovered that I had way more energy and spark during the work day than if I don't workout in the mornings. He also taught me to pack a nutritious lunch and eat something every hour of the day (graze) this way you don't go chasing those huge meals in the afternoon and evening. I do get the 3pm crash sometimes, probably because of my rewarding cups of coffee in the morning.
Now I go to a 6am coffee drinking class with a running problem, I run with people of all different abilities and then we meet up at a coffee shack and take turns buying, it keeps you loyal to coming to class (as we call it).
Now that I am 52 with 31 years in as a driver I try to shoot for 8 hours of sleep every night, research tells us that it is very important for recovery and rebuild. During peak I always shut down the gym time and just try to relax when I am not at work.

True, when you are younger. Your need for sleep will decrease as you age (not to make you feel older) lo. I believe it is 1 hour for every 10 or 15 years, for ex:
50 = 8hr
65 = 7hr
80= 6hr