Had Altercation at work with long time UPSer...

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Call your business agent and explain everything. He is your best option at getting this resolved in your best interests. If he is worth his weight in salt he can handle it before this guy gets fired. Chances are he will know how to defuse this before this person get canned. This person might be bipolar and need a job where he works by himself.

Say he's Bi-polar. If he works by himselves, (pun intended), will he throw boxes @ 1 each 1 of himself & run to & frow dodging & throwing boxes?

What a funny sight.

We should promote him to manager & give him a Cafe avatar with the name UPSSOCKS 2.0

I wonder, if he was a driver if he could also give himself safety rides & yell @ himself about safety methodes & production.

More2012

why dont you tell him to take it outside of work and punch his teeth into the back of his head, if the guys a jerk then fix him
Teamster book says you can be fired if you even talk about fighting someone. Even if you talk about fighting off the property. Like i said, this crazy ass isnt worth my job. Ive put up with him for a looong time seeing him disrespect almost everyone in the hub. I never go to the supe with problems. I usually like to handle it with maturity with the person i have a problem with. But him being him and actually throwing a package in front of a supe i just had to take it. I mightve looked like a "B" but im not the one being disciplined so hopefully my patience pays off in the end. Sucks that he knows where i live tho. But thats another issue altogether.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How does anyone have time, or get away with fighting at work.
You are there to make money not friends. if you make friends, great, if you dont like someone ignore. If they attack you report, zero tolerance.

Teamster book says you can be fired if you even talk about fighting someone. Even if you talk about fighting off the property. Like i said, this crazy ass isnt worth my job. Ive put up with him for a looong time seeing him disrespect almost everyone in the hub. I never go to the supe with problems. I usually like to handle it with maturity with the person i have a problem with. But him being him and actually throwing a package in front of a supe i just had to take it. I mightve looked like a "B" but im not the one being disciplined so hopefully my patience pays off in the end. Sucks that he knows where i live tho. But thats another issue altogether.
Whatever I remember when I was a real young buck. I had about a year and a half in at ups and I was a sorter. There was this unloader who would put the labels down and unload like a mothertrucker. He would blow me out and he thought it was funny. I told him we were going to fight after work sometime. He said lets do it. So I said where I wanted him to meet me. So after work I met him and he brought his friends from work to watch. I beat the ( uck friend) out of him real bad. I was scared I was going to go to jail. When I came to work the next day people were talking and I was also scared I would lose my job somehow. To his day every once in a while someone brings it up do you remember when you friend ed up Arnold and I say that was a real long time ago. I don't do that no more. Nobody ever really messed with me at work after that and I'm glad because ups has a zero tolerance policy for work ace violence.call your ba and talk to him about this first if you still can.

brown bomber

brown bomber
never the less..........you remain a good Irish brawler.........therefore....my respect is given unto you..........I would take you on my side...anytime, anyplace

rocket man

Hi everyone. Im a first time poster but have lurked around for a while. I am REALLY sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i need some advice.

I have worked for UPS for 6 years. In the hub. Fast paced work and tempers flare up. We are in a hub that is probably one of the crummier (for lack of a better term) hubs i have seen. I love the company and it provides well for my family and I. Tonight i had an altercation with a fellow employee. Hes mentally unstable in my opinion. This employee has had ALOT of previous altercations with people. He has punched holes in walls,smashed packages, and said some racist and inappropriate things. Told a woman hub worker that she should "go eat a midol sandwich" and threw a package at her.But thats just background.
The altercation tonight involved very heated and hateful words towards me and preceded to throw a very large box at me. As well as a few smaller ones. I kept my cool throughout and ended up not getting disciplined. I jumped out of the way otherwise i wouldve got nailed by the box. My record there is clean while his has previous disciplinary issues. Talked with my supervisor and it seems like once again, hes going to "get away with it". I am tempted to call up to Portland (the main hub in my state) to get some more advice. But i truely feel like he couldve hurt me and maybe jeopardized my well being. I feel he gets treated differently than others because hes worked there for 17 years. Can someone PLEASE help me here. What should i do? Were supposed to resume work on sunday like nothing ever happened.
theres stress everywhere . you can but not advisible to rat on a union member you would also be ratting on your self.

More2012

How does anyone have time, or get away with fighting at work.
You are there to make money not friends. if you make friends, great, if you dont like someone ignore. If they attack you report, zero tolerance.
That is my exact attitude. I cant stand people who treat UPS hub like its high school. Its work. Do work. Our hub has TONS of drama. Im so over it. I will contact my BA on monday. Thanks again forum.

JonFrum

Locate the glass-covered UPS bulletin-board in your building. Read the posting about UPS' Zero Tolerance For Workplace Violence. It's probably on UPSers dot com as well.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Locate the glass-covered UPS bulletin-board in your building. Read the posting about UPS' Zero Tolerance For Workplace Violence. It's probably on UPSers dot com as well.

there are "rules

there are "rules",...then there are RULES...................wink, wink, nod, nod
you do the math

'