Happy Founders Day

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by gman, Aug 24, 2005.

1. deliver_man

deliver_man Guest

We got a box of donuts at the PCM. I dunno, I never really cared about founder's day that much anyway, I'm only here for a paycheck and quite frankly, if I wasn't working here I would just be working somewhere else. I do remember when the company made a much bigger deal about it though, what with the catered breakfast and little model package cars and plaques for all the drivers. That stuff was nice, but I don't know that it made much of a difference in the long run.

2. pd109

pd109 Guest

I spent the meeting loading my truck,they asked me to go on the clock,freddy the preloader called in on Monday.I dont like cake anyways.
    I wonder what they`ll do for #100? I wish Jim Casey was around to call the shots.

3. upsdude

upsdude Guest

We celebrated Founders Day this morning, 9/1/05.

I guess with all the missed pieces and late air why not observe Founder's Day 4 days late.

4. speeddemon

speeddemon Guest

we did nothing in our center, except mention it. WOOT WOOT

5. ups79

ups79 Guest

the tree is one hell of a joke around our house.
    I swear the dam thing lived but I doubt if it is over 5 feet tall. It was suppose to grow to 100 feet in no time at all. Our grandchildren will die before that thing reaches 100 feet.

6. moreluck

moreluck Guest

The "tree",left at our old house when we moved, grew well past the 2nd floor. It was a fast growing maple. I guess it took kindly to the California climate.

7. over9five

over9five Guest

Did we get different kinds of trees? Mine was a pine.

8. moreluck

moreluck Guest

Guess we got different ones here in CA.

9. over9five

over9five Guest

OK,
    Moreluck got Maple in CA
    I got Pine in MA.

Anyone else?

And where's Proups?

10. smf0605

smf0605 Guest

We got blue spruce in our area of MA

11. ups79

ups79 Guest

ours too was a pine

12. toonertoo

toonertoo Guest

The porters found a cake in an office with one piece out of it, a 30.00 cake.....
    Happy Founders day!!!