Happy New Year

moreluck

golden ticket member
New Year's Wishes......

May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your cardiologist, your gastro-enterologist, your urologist, your proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist, your plumber and the I.R.S.

May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs and your stocks not fall; and may your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol, your white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.

May New Year's Eve find you seated around the table, together with your beloved family and cherished friends. May you find the food better, the environment quieter, the cost much cheaper, and the pleasure much more fulfilling than anything else you might ordinarily do that night.

May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you delight them. May someone love you enough to forgive your faults, be blind to your blemishes, and tell the world about your virtues.

May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until you finish dinner, may the commercials on TV not be louder than the program you have been watching, and may your check book and your budget balance - and include generous amounts for charity.

May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your spouse, your child, your parent, your siblings; but not to your secretary, your nurse, your masseuse, your hairdresser or your tennis instructor.

And may we live in a world at peace and with the awareness of God's love in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile, every lover's kiss, and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous beat of our heart.

Happy New Year!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I AM THE NEW YEAR..........

I am the new year. I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.

I am your next chance at the art of living. I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life during the last twelve months.

All that you sought and didn’t find is hidden in me, waiting for you to search it but with more determination.

All the good that you tried for and didn’t achieve is mine to grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.

All that you dreamed but didn’t dare to do, all that you hoped but did not will, all the faith that you claimed but did not have— these slumber lightly, waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.

I am your opportunity to renew your allegiance to Him who said, "Behold, I make all things new."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ring out the old,
Ring in the new
Ring out the false,
Ring in the true
Ring out sorrow, pain and care
Ring in happiness everywhere.

From my home to yours,

I wish you God's wonderful blessings
and a very peaceful, prosperous,
healthy, Happy New Year!

moreluck

golden ticket member
My Wish for You in 2008......

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts.

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills.

May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!

May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires !

May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.

May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ............

May 2008 be the best year of your life!

DS

Fenderbender
I hope all you people have a fun evening,and a bountiful new year.
Remember,don't drink and drive,or drink and cook for that matter.
:peaceful:

tunemixer

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!! We survived another peak. It may have been my last. But worse case only one more!!!! Going to be a quite , peaceful, sober night at my house. I may not even make it to midnight. Still recovering from Christmas. Be safe all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
NEW YEAR'S FOOD TRADITIONS

Eating noodles at midnight is customary at Buddhist temples in Japan.

A German/Pennsylvania Dutch tradition is to eat pork and sauerkraut on New Year's day for good luck.

It is the tradition of Bosnia & Croatia (both of former Yugoslavia) to eat what is called "Sarma" or beef wrapped tightly in cabbage to bring good luck in health and wealth for the upcoming year.

It is a Cuban tradition to eat 12 grapes at the stroke of midnight. The 12 grapes signify the last twelve months of the year.

German folklore says that eating herring at the stroke of midnight will bring luck for the next year.

Eating pickled herring as the first bite of the New Year brings good luck to those of Polish descent.

In the southern United States, it is believed eating black eyed peas on New Year's eve will bring luck for the coming year. Also from the south comes the custom of eating greens such as cabbage, collard greens, mustard greens, kale or spinach to bring money. One more from the Southerners: eating cornbread will bring wealth.

The Southern custom of eating greens can be found in other cultures as well, although the cabbage can take many forms, such as sauerkraut or even kimchee.

In the Philippines, it is important to have food on the table at midnight in order to insure an abundance of food in the upcoming year.

Boiled Cod is a New Year's Eve must in Denmark.

Olie Bollen a donut-like fritter is popular in Holland for New Year.

Black-eyed peas, fish, apples, and beets are eaten for luck at the Jewish New Year's celebration (not celebrated on Jan 1).

Another tradition from the Philippines is to collect 7 different types of round fruits. The round shape of the fruits signify money and seven is believed to be a lucky number. Set on the dinner table on New Year's eve, the fruits are believed to bring prosperity and sound financial status for the coming year.