Harvard being mean to “Parkland Survivor”

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

If he was smart enough to go to Harvard he should have been smart enough to not post stupid stuff online. My daughter was very careful about what she posted online while she was in high school because she said future jobs might look for things like that.

I liked a comment someone said, He’s learned the difference between free speech and hate speech. Doesn’t look like he’s getting a lot of sympathy.

oldngray

nowhere special
If he was smart enough to go to Harvard he should have been smart enough to not post stupid stuff online. My daughter was very careful about what she posted online while she was in high school because she said future jobs might look for things like that.

I liked a comment someone said, He’s learned the difference between free speech and hate speech. Doesn’t look like he’s getting a lot of sympathy.
Its from something he posted years ago. He long since retracted it.

The internet is forever.

El Correcto

god is dead

Gay desires and overt racism from a republican, I’m shocked! The only thing that :censored2: post is missing is him telling his girlfriend to get an abortion.

Box Ox

It's amazing how many intelligent people don't understand the public and permanent nature of what they post online. And that the First Amendment only protects them from the government. Not from the friends/family/private employer consequences of what they say. Even if it's not hate speech.

If anyone used to be an idiot on social media like I was they should try to bulk delete their past posts ASAP. A couple years ago I used a Chrome extension called "Social Book Post Manager" to do so. Seems Facebook might have recently patched over the API that allowed it to work correctly.

El Correcto

god is dead
It's amazing how many intelligent people don't understand the public and permanent nature of what they post online. And that the First Amendment only protects them from the government. Not from the friends/family/private employer consequences of what they say. Even if it's not hate speech.

If anyone used to be an idiot on social media like I was they should try to bulk delete their past posts ASAP. A couple years ago I used a Chrome extension called "Social Book Post Manager" to do so. Seems Facebook might have recently patched over the API that allowed it to work correctly.
What kind of things did you say on social media?

Box Ox

Nothing terrible. Just stupid things about what I was doing/thinking or politically engaged in. Never know what might follow/impact me later. I'm not planning on working for UPS until retirement. And as stupid as it sounds, that I was and still am friendly with Republicans IRL and agree with them on many things could be a problem for future employers. I'm not in a deep red part of the south.

El Correcto

god is dead
Nothing terrible. Just stupid things about what I was doing/thinking or politically engaged in. Never know what might follow/impact me later. I'm not planning on working for UPS until retirement. And as stupid as it sounds, that I was and still am friendly with Republicans IRL and agree with them on many things could be a problem for future employers. I'm not in a deep red part of the south.
I’m going to take a shot in the dark and guess it was about the tranners huh?

Box Ox

I’m going to take a shot in the dark and guess it was about the tranners huh?

Science/gun/educational/speech policies in general. I've always voted Democrat in the past because of their relatively strong support for science and education. But they're losing me on those fronts as they increasingly choke off both in the name of political correctness and "progress".

It will be fine

When I was 16 I didn’t even know if I was going to finish high school. Let alone attend Harvard.
He’s only 18 now, less than 2 years ago he was dropping crazy N-bombs in a public chat. That doesn’t demonstrate good judgement or quality character. He doesn’t meet Harvard’s standards of decency, seems like a totally reasonable standard. It’s not hard to not be publicly racist. I can’t imagine screaming the N-word in a public chat in high school, it’s not a word I use and it obvious to anyone with half a brain it’s inappropriate. If he didn’t know better, he’s not Harvard material.