Harvard being mean to “Parkland Survivor”

It will be fine

Actions have reactions. He wasn't smart enough because if he was he would of kept his mouth shut considering Harvard doesn't want racist or conservative
There’s plenty of conservatives at Harvard. They don’t want stupid people. While there’s plenty of overlap between those 2 groups, they aren’t exclusive.

El Correcto

god is dead
He’s only 18 now, less than 2 years ago he was dropping crazy N-bombs in a public chat. That doesn’t demonstrate good judgement or quality character. He doesn’t meet Harvard’s standards of decency, seems like a totally reasonable standard. It’s not hard to not be publicly racist. I can’t imagine screaming the N-word in a public chat in high school, it’s not a word I use and it obvious to anyone with half a brain it’s inappropriate. If he didn’t know better, he’s not Harvard material.
I’d argue he did know better and that’s what makes it delicious. People get so upset and that’s the point, to be absurd. It’s like me propagating a gay ethno state, his statement is clearly meant to be edge lord humor. Who can say the most outrageous stuff.

The people calling him racist and sending this to the school and press are bigger trolls than that kid. Then again I don’t know the whole story yet, but the message I saw was clearly a :censored2: post by a teenager.

It will be fine

I’d argue he did know better and that’s what makes it delicious. People get so upset and that’s the point, to be absurd. It’s like me propagating a gay ethno state, his statement is clearly meant to be edge lord humor. Who can say the most outrageous stuff.

The people calling him racist and sending this to the school and press are bigger trolls than that kid. Then again I don’t know the whole story yet, but the message I saw was clearly a :censored2: post by a teenager.
Nah, it’s a special kind of stupid to think the n-word is comedy. The dude is an idiot.

It will be fine

Might be a bad joke, but it’s still being said in jest. No one can look at that post and think wow this kid is being 100% serious. You’d need to be a special kind of stupid to think that.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a joke. A rich white kid isn’t being funny using the n-word. He’s being a POS.

El Correcto

god is dead
It doesn’t matter if it’s a joke. A rich white kid isn’t being funny using the n-word. He’s being a POS.
It does matter when people label him racist. People are too sensitive, this was said in jest not hatred. I don’t believe this kid views blacks as inferior, I think he views the n-word as outrageous and having shock value.

It will be fine

It does matter when people label him racist. People are too sensitive, this was said in jest not hatred. I don’t believe this kid views blacks as inferior, I think he views the n-word as outrageous and having shock value.
He is a racist. Thinking the n-word is a joke is racist. This isn’t hard.

It will be fine

No it’s not. I laugh at Daniel Tosh rape jokes, that doesn’t make me a rapist.
Only racists don’t understand the offense that is the n-word. No white comedian uses it as a punchline. This POS isn’t a comedian either, he’s just a little :censored2: white boy that thought he was funny using racial slurs. It cost him his college choice and that’s a good thing if you ask me. He can cry in his pillow and maybe learn it’s not funny to be racist. I doubt it since right wing Neo-Nazis will cheer his victimhood.

El Correcto

god is dead
Only racists don’t understand the offense that is the n-word. No white comedian uses it as a punchline. This POS isn’t a comedian either, he’s just a little :censored2: white boy that thought he was funny using racial slurs. It cost him his college choice and that’s a good thing if you ask me. He can cry in his pillow and maybe learn it’s not funny to be racist. I doubt it since right wing Neo-Nazis will cheer his victimhood.

I think you’re the racist friend, you’re too caught up in this boy’s race. You give that word power by the way you react and that is the point. It’s an outrage word, shock value.

It will be fine

I think you’re the racist friend, you’re too caught up in this boy’s race. You give that word power by the way you react and that is the point. It’s an outrage word, shock value.
Whatevs. You can continue your life thinking the n-word is funny. I’ll continue to believe white people that use it are POS. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

El Correcto

god is dead
Whatevs. You can continue your life thinking the n-word is funny. I’ll continue to believe white people that use it are POS. We’ll have to agree to disagree.
A 16 year old trying to be an edge lord vs billybob who attends the bi monthly cross burning and genuinely wants a white america are two different things. They shouldn’t share the same label as racist. This kid can be called racially insensitive and that’s fine, he can be rejected by Harvard and that’s fine to. But having him being slandered as a racist for the rest of his life over something he has showed remorse for and lost things over isn’t fair in my eyes.

It will be fine

A 16 year old trying to be an edge lord vs billybob who attends the bi monthly cross burning and genuinely wants a white america are two different things. They shouldn’t share the same label as racist. This kid can be called racially insensitive and that’s fine, he can be rejected by Harvard and that’s fine to. But having him being slandered as a racist for the rest of his life over something he has showed remorse for and lost things over isn’t fair in my eyes.
He showed remorse because he knows it was wrong. He did it anyway, I have no sympathy.

BrownArmy

No it’s not. I laugh at Daniel Tosh rape jokes, that doesn’t make me a rapist.

It doesn’t matter, and that’s not quite the point.

The ratio of Harvard applicants to Harvard acceptees hovers around six percent.

Turns out he’s just not Harvard material.

Students smarter than him with better ‘resumes/applications’ also didn’t get accepted.

He’ll be fine.

Harvard doesn’t owe this kid anything.

Can you imagine the uproar if they accepted him? For what? Being a Parkland survivor?

Please.

El Correcto

god is dead
The headline should be 16 year old does something stupid and loses college admission.

This should be a laugh story not an outrage one.

BrownArmy

When blacks use the N word to refer to themselves wouldn't be discriminatory to not allow whites to use it also?

Not sure where to start.

How about this, go up to the next black man you see and casually drop the N-word as if it’s an acceptable thing for white folk to do.

Get back to me.

El Correcto

god is dead
It doesn’t matter, and that’s not quite the point.

The ratio of Harvard applicants to Harvard acceptees hovers around six percent.

Turns out he’s just not Harvard material.

Students smarter than him with better ‘resumes/applications’ also didn’t get accepted.

He’ll be fine.

Harvard doesn’t owe this kid anything.

Can you imagine the uproar if they accepted him? For what? Being a Parkland survivor?

Please.
I agree Harvard has a right to reject this kid like he is one of those over achieving Asians messing up their diversity quotas.