Harvard being mean to “Parkland Survivor”

It will be fine

It's the hurting of this kid's future for saying something stupid when he was 16 and now being held to account by politically correct fanatics. One of the most famous political moments in history was when Joe McCarthy was dressed down by a Democrat for suggesting a young man might be connected to communists. "Sir, have you no shame?" Seems Democrats have forgotten that.
What’s next? Colleges using test scores from when a kid was 17 to determine eligibility? How about the sports kids played when they were 16? Can’t take those into account. You guys keep doubling down on an idiotic argument.

vantexan

What’s next? Colleges using test scores from when a kid was 17 to determine eligibility? How about the sports kids played when they were 16? Can’t take those into account. You guys keep doubling down on an idiotic argument.
Those aren't the same as reaming a young conservative to virtue signal to all the politically correct fanatics looking to destroy anyone who isn't in line.

LarryBird

The kid will land on his feet. He's not barred from going to college - he's barred from attending Harvard. There are any number of other universities that would be happy to have a student of his caliber. Schools that don't have the luxury of turning down 95% of their applicants, like Harvard and other Ivys do.

If he isn't a true racist at his core, this sucks for him, but the fact remains, that he said what he said, and he is paying for it. He will learn a valuable lesson from this. Probably as important a lesson as anything he'll learn over the next 4 years in school.

He'll be making bank in 10 years either way. Don't feel too sorry for him.

LarryBird

They admit kids all the time at the expense of others with much better scores for the sake of diversity. Please don't tell me the ones admitted under such circumstances are always pure as the driven snow. Put the kid on probation, but recognize 16 year olds often do stupid things. Otherwise you're admitting teens are much more mature and responsible than you've admitted in the past when you said no way should a 14 year old ever marry an 18 or 19 year old.
Imagine that...schools actually value diversity - what kind of animals are they?

Why wouldn't they want a campus made up of 99% affluent white kids? How dare they see value in exposing their students to different cultures, ethnicities, and economic backgrounds? Very pathetic of them.

It will be fine

Those aren't the same as reaming a young conservative to virtue signal to all the politically correct fanatics looking to destroy anyone who isn't in line.
The point is colleges judge kids by what they do in high school. That’s it, what else would they judge them by? This kid thought the N-word was funny. That’s racist, not debatable.

LarryBird

What makes you think this has anything to do with this kid's politics?

Has he ever even voted yet?

And if you're going to bring up political preferences, answer this question honestly - would you be feigning this level of outrage on his behalf if it was verified that he was a far left liberal?

LarryBird

They made a conscious decision to give in to temptation. They liked the sensation so it was easier to give in the next time. Soon they were rationalizing their behavior, saying it is natural for them. No study has ever produced biological proof that homosexuality is in the DNA. And they all have the physical components to reproduce.
Wow.

Just wow.

That's all I can say, and I'm not usually short on words, as you've all probably noticed with my novel length posts.

What a dooooosh.

El Correcto

god is dead
Imagine that...schools actually value diversity - what kind of animals are they?

Why wouldn't they want a campus made up of 99% affluent white kids? How dare they see value in exposing their students to different cultures, ethnicities, and economic backgrounds? Very pathetic of them.
It doesn’t effect whites for the most part. It’s the Asians that are suing.

El Correcto

god is dead
I wish colleges would use merit to determine their applicants acceptance. They wouldn’t be getting sued right now if they were.

vantexan

What makes you think this has anything to do with this kid's politics?

Has he ever even voted yet?

And if you're going to bring up political preferences, answer this question honestly - would you be feigning this level of outrage on his behalf if it was verified that he was a far left liberal?
He's a known conservative from the school shooting aftermath.

And no, I wouldn't judge a young adult by words said as a teenager unless he was advocating physically attacking others.

LarryBird

He's a known conservative from the school shooting aftermath.

And no, I wouldn't judge a young adult by words said as a teenager unless he was advocating physically attacking others.
I didn’t ask you that.

I asked you if you'd be feigning this level of outrage if this kid was a known far left liberal.

But I think we both know the answer to that already. Hell, I think everyone on this board knows the answer.

El Correcto

god is dead
Harvard does, every applicant has perfect test scores. Not every applicant has documented racist diatribes. What can ya do?
Asian-Americans Suing Harvard Say Admissions Files Show Discrimination
It’s very sad that liberals on the scotus ruled in favor of letting universities discriminate college applicants based on race. Very regressive policies going against the biggest civil rights fights of the 20th century. Thurgood Marshall would be rolling in his grave at the state of the democrat brainwashing occurring.

Your party didn’t switch sides, it went from one evil ideology(ethnic hierarchies) to another Marxist influenced “progressivism”.

LarryBird

I see you're a free speech advocate...
I'm not advocating against your right to say what you said/believe.

Rather, I'm expressing my exasperation with your beliefs. Using my own 1st ammendment right, if you will.

I'm not sure where you see me suggesting that you shouldn't be allowed to act like a backwards, redneck hillbilly, who uses their religious belief to justify their homophobia.

Try to keep up.

El Correcto

god is dead
Schools like Harvard that receive public funding have 0 business looking at the race of the applicants.

I don’t give a :censored2: if their elitist bourgeois filth turns into china town. The chinks have a right to live in a color blind society.