Has Anybody Had A CIR Driver Follow-up?

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
I've heard stories from other drivers at my building about business customers complaining about finding their packages on the dock or in front of their door when nobody was around to sign and I'm wondering if anybody has had a driver follow-up where this was the scenario, or something similar.

How do you like CIR? What do you do when you have a bulk stop and nobody is around to sign, or how often do you deliver the package, don't see anybody and go to CIR and pick a name at random?

I don't particularly like it because you're supposed to find somebody anyway and by the time you hit all the keys to figure out if you need a signature you could've gotten one in the same amount of time or even quicker. And how many times do you walk out the door when it says "Invalid Status" or "Need Signature" so it takes MORE time to complete the stop?

Also, why is it when I have a SurePost delivery included with a business delivery it will always ask for a signature? I can't figure that one out when the point of SurePost is NOT to get a signature.

ColdHarvest

Dealt with similar situation and got my butt chewed by center manager.

So, after that, if no one is around to sign right away, I take a seat and wait. One particular bulk drop gives me a nice paid break.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Dealt with similar situation and got my butt chewed by center manager.

So, after that, if no one is around to sign right away, I take a seat and wait. One particular bulk drop gives me a nice paid break.

I've noticed the term "Desi Area" starting to pop up in the auto-generated list of 3 names that every CIR has. In fact, sometimes its all 3, just spelled differently.

"Dezi Ara" "Des Arrea" and a particularly pithy "Dizzy Diarrhea". I'm assuming drivers with senses of humor put them in.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've noticed the term "Desi Area" starting to pop up in the auto-generated list of 3 names that every CIR has. In fact, sometimes its all 3, just spelled differently.

"Dezi Ara" "Des Arrea" and a particularly pithy "Dizzy Diarrhea". I'm assuming drivers with senses of humor put them in.
Desi Area...
desi-arnaz-450x600.jpg

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Also, why is it when I have a SurePost delivery included with a business delivery it will always ask for a signature? I can't figure that one out when the point of SurePost is NOT to get a signature.

RelNum surepost if just one and CIR another package.
Otherwise it's faster to get a signature. Wont even ask you to hit 1 for resi 2 for Comm.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
The best driver follow ups are for signature required at businesses with cameras on you because shipper system claims theres no McKay only a MacKay. Two day turn around on these suckers.