Hate Crimes in Chicago

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh I understand. If you're not white, those qualities don't apply.

That's the problem. They can't envision Black people having those same qualities. It isn't possible for them. It's why Obama was such a "bad" President. Pssst..."He's BLACK!!"

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That's the problem. They can't envision Black people having those same qualities. It isn't possible for them. It's why Obama was such a "bad" President. Pssst..."He's BLACK!!"
No being black is an american term .
He is by his own words an African American , his father was from Kenya , an African country.
The only roots he has in America are from his white mother's side .
Did you know that he's part Irish ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Only a bigot would think that this was not a hate crime.
Agree with your sentiment but some people don't believe in the whole "hate crime" BS.
I imagine they do not think this is a hate crime.
I personally don't believe in prosecuting anyone because of what they think ... they should be prosecuted for their behavior and actions.
"Hate crime" has the connotations of "thoughtcrime" from the Orwellian government in "1984" ... one step closer to a Totalitarian government.

bbsam

Staff member
No being black is an american term .
He is by his own words an African American , his father was from Kenya , an African country.
The only roots he has in America are from his white mother's side .
Did you know that he's part Irish ?
African American is also an American term.

newfie

yea and bush was a bad president because he is white.
your statement sums up Obama's excuse ridden presidency. First he blamed bush for his incompetence and then when the bush excuse ran out it became racist to criticize him.

newfie

African American is also an American term.

we do seem to like separating our population into little buckets. until you become white. the you're just white. no longer do they need to know what or where you came from white is good enough.

rickyb

Can you imagine the uprising if that was a black kid being tortured by 4 whites. The big cities would be on fire.
Oh yes there is. Common sense, good up bringing, morals, ( if I was to riot I sure the hell wouldn't burn down my own neighborhood)
imagine if it was americans torturing middle easterners...it would be called "intelligence" haha

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You'd have to ask the Africans.
I know many people born on the African continent and not a one considers themselves African American. They consider themselves either American or something like Ghanian, Ethiopian, etc. or maybe Ghanian-American. They don't even consider themselves as Africans, but are tired of correcting Americans so they go with it. Lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
we do seem to like separating our population into little buckets. until you become white. the you're just white. no longer do they need to know what or where you came from white is good enough.

There are lots of buckets of whites too. We have our Goobers, Honkeys, Trailer Trash, Red Necks, Average, Snotty and Hoity Toitys.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm tired of the Race Card always being played ---Oh woe is me----BS
I'm having a hard time deciding...was it you or scratch who played the race card? You guys really gotta stop doing that. It annoys...well...you.

bbsam

Staff member
There are lots of buckets of whites too. We have our Goobers, Honkeys, Trailer Trash, Red Necks, Average, Snotty and Hoity Toitys.
You also have German-Americans, Irish-Americans, Sweedish-Americans, Norwegian-Americans (my grandparents...taught us how to make lefse), Scotch-American, Franco-American.

Now, it may very well be that all these minorities have combined to form a ruling majority, but the subsets still exist