Have a ops manger interview for ground

dezguy

Just make sure you show them how good you look with one hand in your pocket and the other holding a cup of coffee. Hell, really wow them and show them you can do it just as well with either hand!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
From what little familiarity I have about Ground management from those who work/have worked in it, it's hard to botch the interview. Getting an ops management position there is like getting the selection of the month from the Columbia House record club - just ask for it! And if you don't ask for it, they'll eventually give it to you anyway.

It will be fine

From what little familiarity I have about Ground management from those who work/have worked in it, it's hard to botch the interview. Getting an ops management position there is like getting the selection of the month from the Columbia House record club - just ask for it! And if you don't ask for it, they'll eventually give it to you anyway.
I’ve never heard anyone referred to as an ops manager. If he means a belt manager, starter level warehouse manager, your assessment is correct. If he means P&D manager, working with contractors, those positions are harder to get.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
@CJinx is the only BCer on that side of ground...

I know of a few package handlers that got promoted to qa clerks and into management, so it shouldn't be nerve-wracking

Sho Nuff

Are you currently working for Ground or an outsider? These positions go to current employees, but they will interview outsiders. They ask the basics like what's your past supervisory experience, your education, then they'll ask five to six questions that relate to current issues they're having on their sort. I also remember them asking what I did to stay up with current events in the industry. Just present yourself as professional and you'll do well. They usually have someone in mind for the position, but if you interview well, they may give you a shot. Good luck!

vantexan

I work for ground been for a while it for a ops manger position so what questions do they ask so I can study for it
1) Why did the NY Giants take the Duke QB in the 1st round?
2) What's the difference between a waxing and waning moon?
3) Why do Democrats put down old white men yet Joe and Bernie lead in the polls?
4) Boxers or briefs?
5) Is the hokie pokie really what it's all about?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Were the moon landings faked?
Didn’t you just hate Jay Leno?
Does “i” come before “e” (except after “c”)?
Are any two snowflakes ever alike?.....I mean ever?
Ginger or Mary Ann?

Remember, there are no incorrect questions - just stupid people answering them.

CJinx

Ops manager isn’t a position at Ground so first question would probably be, what are you doing here?
Yes, it is; dock and service manager job titles were folded into ops manager several years ago. In smaller stations, they tend to be overpaid package handlers that don't hit the station's labor hours.