Have at it

FedGT

We're talking about today. What barbarous acts are being perpetrated upon Ground drivers? Are they being whipped for not making their numbers?
BC-05A_Box_as_original_shipped.JPG

IMG_0847--2-.JPG

May as well be moving blocks for pyramids some days. Damn recliner boxes are the same size.

vantexan

Not desperate huh? Then how do you explain having in the past run away and hide out in foreign countries until the coast is clear then come back for a few months then take off again?
Who's hiding? I paid off bills in the States while living overseas because the cost of living was so low.

bacha29

Who's hiding? I paid off bills in the States while living overseas because the cost of living was so low.
If you had put in the time with Fat Freddy instead of walking off in a huff then have to crawling back chances are you could live overseas as a matter of personal adventure and enjoyment rather than purely economic reasons.

vantexan

If you had put in the time with Fat Freddy instead of walking off in a huff then have to crawling back chances are you could live overseas as a matter of personal adventure and enjoyment rather than purely economic reasons.
Who walked off in a huff? I tried to do something else after 11 years because we went over 4 years without a raise. I came back, was told I would top out in 7-8 years, but after almost 15 was still almost $6hr behind top out. Wasn't happy about it, but had figured to take my pension at 55. But my wife came along at 51, and she convinced me to quit and move to Mexico. She quickly changed her mind and eventually I got back on with Express. But new pay plan came out when I was 54, and I would have to work until almost 64 to top out, assuming they kept their word. We see this year how that's turning out. It's well documented here how I felt about what the company was doing, but that still doesn't change the fact that due to them flying most freight their built in expenses won't allow pay and benefits comparable to UPS. If you think they can prove it. Not defending them, just facing reality.

vantexan

And due to taking an accelerated pension I can live very comfortably overseas in a number of nice places. But you're being disingenuous because you've run down the idea many times. Truth is you imagine all kinds of things that aren't so, and therefore are afraid to live overseas. You'd rather bitch about everything instead.

bacha29

Who walked off in a huff? I tried to do something else after 11 years because we went over 4 years without a raise. I came back, was told I would top out in 7-8 years, but after almost 15 was still almost $6hr behind top out. Wasn't happy about it, but had figured to take my pension at 55. But my wife came along at 51, and she convinced me to quit and move to Mexico. She quickly changed her mind and eventually I got back on with Express. But new pay plan came out when I was 54, and I would have to work until almost 64 to top out, assuming they kept their word. We see this year how that's turning out. It's well documented here how I felt about what the company was doing, but that still doesn't change the fact that due to them flying most freight their built in expenses won't allow pay and benefits comparable to UPS. If you think they can prove it. Not defending them, just facing reality.
Not defending them? Hahahaha! I've heard it all now.

bbsam

Staff member
Ok, let's look at it this way. Suppose that guy was your employee . A guy who takes a round in the gut while out there fulfilling the terms of your contract.
Now, despite all the cowboy heroism I see and hear he still willfully and flagrantly violated strict company policy by carrying a gun . Consequently the company says "Look Bbsam either he goes or both of you go".....So what are you going to do? Stand up there and tell the company to go pound salt? Sure as the sun comes up in the morning you're going to throw that guy under the bus.....Not that you wanted to do or took any enjoyment doing it.....It's simply an example of the powerless standing contractors have with that company

I've read and heard of countless examples of contract employed personnel being treated in some of the most barbaric and unjust ways imaginable and often it was the result of contractors having no choice but to carry out the orders of FXG.

No surprise because all you are is a supplier of material and human resources that X uses in whatever manner they damn well please and they can accept or reject those materials unconditionally.
Why on earth would I fight the company on this? I 100% agree the guy has to be fired.

You said both would be terminated because of the driver’s actions. That’s BS.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
BC-05A_Box_as_original_shipped.JPG

IMG_0847--2-.JPG

May as well be moving blocks for pyramids some days. Damn recliner boxes are the same size.

Yeah the supplemental drivers wouldn't fit those in a standard cargo van either...

2015-2018%20Ford%20Transit.jpg

Dumb subcontractor group rented too many of these and not enough box trucks...

Granted, I have sufficient Tetris skillz & I know I'll lose to that much oversized boxes in a t150

Moar box trucks needed, not cargo vans!

sketch-1577063438962.png

This was half loaded so far, in stop order. When my box truck was down for a new water pump, radiator, serpentine belt and tensioner. I had to step up from a transit because of the amount of oversized boxes and iCs...

If you don't load in stop order, those seasonal drivers will quickly walk off the job

bbsam said:

Both will be fired if that subcontractor will defend their drivers... it's just easier to throw that driver under the bus & find a new sucker that wants to deliver in the hood, to avoid painting a target on your back for not renewing the contract next time

I did my share of ghetto areas & I got out lucky

Last edited:

bacha29

Why on earth would I fight the company on this? I 100% agree the guy has to be fired.

So what you're saying is that he would have been better off shot dead... Typical powerless contractor.

bbsam

Staff member
So what you're saying is that he would have been better off shot dead... Typical powerless contractor.
I’m saying the rule is perfectly clear.

Firearms prohibited.

What don’t you get about that? Honestly, I don’t want any firearm liability and why should X volunteer for that liability?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Firearms prohibited.
In the terminal or on route?

I know those signs were popping up at the terminal after a few cases of warehouse workers and some drivers were "going postal" a few years ago... Both the brownie and eggplant sides

bbsam

Staff member
In the terminal or on route?

I know those signs were popping up at the terminal after a few cases of warehouse workers and some drivers were "going postal" a few years ago... Both the brownie and eggplant sides
Both.

BoxDriver

Not to mention delivering to airports, military bases, schools, or any other locations that have no weapons policy’s posted. While I personally would like to be able to carry I also understand I am at far greater risk of being legally penalized by doing so than I am needing to defend myself on the route I run.

bacha29

I’m saying the rule is perfectly clear.

Firearms prohibited.

What don’t you get about that? Honestly, I don’t want any firearm liability and why should X volunteer for that liability?
Then what are you doing to create and provide your employees with a safe workplace environment? If incidents such as the ones in North Philly and Miami keep growing in number rest assured OSHA will be looking to hand down a new set of workplace safety rules for guys out there on routes in high crime areas.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The guy can now simply go forth with his life feeling grateful that he still has his life....but there is just no way in hell he can remain driving under the FedEx banner.... imagine the can of worms that would open.

I’m confident he’ll get over the loss and move on.

bbsam

Staff member
Then what are you doing to create and provide your employees with a safe workplace environment? If incidents such as the ones in North Philly and Miami keep growing in number rest assured OSHA will be looking to hand down a new set of workplace safety rules for guys out there on routes in high crime areas.
Are you friend’n out of your mind?
Do you expect OSHA to rule that guns would make drivers safer? That’s not gonna happen.

bacha29

Are you friend’n out of your mind?
Do you expect OSHA to rule that guns would make drivers safer? That’s not gonna happen.
I never said that but what you can't rule you is drivers being prohibited from delivering after dark in high crime areas or working alone without security measures in place to risk the level of risk.
They are already too many contractors who take the same attitude you take, that life is cheap and that there's always another expendable person out there who will go out there are represent your interests for little in return. Just remember you signed that contract not him. it's your headache,not his.

bbsam

Staff member
I never said that but what you can't rule you is drivers being prohibited from delivering after dark in high crime areas or working alone without security measures in place to risk the level of risk.
They are already too many contractors who take the same attitude you take, that life is cheap and that there's always another expendable person out there who will go out there are represent your interests for little in return. Just remember you signed that contract not him. it's your headache,not his.
So you route the driver into the that area earlier in the day. Big deal.