Have Fedex Routes been taken or not renewed?

dmac1

Even if you could afford to pay $15 an hour, that is $30,000 per year before FICA, and about $22k after. Then any automatic state deductions leaves you at $20k. Who in hell wants to risk their life daily, working physically, with no benefits, wearing out your joints, with ZERO security, when at the end of the month you can only afford maybe one six pack after bills are paid????? Easier to work retail or restaurant, and become a 'manager' in a few months. As an employer, you are only going to get people satisfied with nothing, or have some other issue keeping them from finding something better.

If you have 20 employees and they all suck, you know why.

bacha29

Even if you could afford to pay $15 an hour, that is $30,000 per year before FICA, and about $22k after. Then any automatic state deductions leaves you at $20k. Who in hell wants to risk their life daily, working physically, with no benefits, wearing out your joints, with ZERO security, when at the end of the month you can only afford maybe one six pack after bills are paid????? Easier to work retail or restaurant, and become a 'manager' in a few months. As an employer, you are only going to get people satisfied with nothing, or have some other issue keeping them from finding something better.

If you have 20 employees and they all suck, you know why.
No question that the growing frustration over their growing inability to offer the kind of pay needed to get the best people now and in the future is one of the main drivers behind the growing number of ISP's trying to get out. I was up to the terminal today and was told.... "They (ISP's) are going to fail miserably in peak Dig out your maps and winter gear and get ready for long days and plenty of them".

NYCFXG

I just got bombarded with over 250 stops above Threshold today. Not a single package left behind and I am sitting on my couch fully covered. Peak will not be as much of an issue for the good contractors. The :censored2:ty ones who get through every day by the skin of their teeth... well I wish them all the luck in the world.

bacha29

I just got bombarded with over 250 stops above Threshold today. Not a single package left behind and I am sitting on my couch fully covered. Peak will not be as much of an issue for the good contractors. The :censored2:ty ones who get through every day by the skin of their teeth... well I wish them all the luck in the world.
Ok. So what's your point? You're a large scale contractor operating in the largest city in America where your tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface. Furthermore you said not long ago that you're getting out soon. A change of heart? Don't compare your daily operating experiences with what's out here in my depressed rural area where the population of largest town that was in my multi county service area has a population that has gone from 16,000 in 1960 to 5900 today with an annual per capita income of $24,000 and the largest of the 4 contractors in my terminal has 5 routes and 3 of the 4 contractors drive a route of their own on a daily basis. Not to mention that given the area's ageing and drug infested population they struggle every year to find peak season help. It only stands to reason that despite being 64 years old and having both hip joints replaced in the past 18 months terminal management has asked me if I could help them if volume and weather overwhelms them. With all due respect friend this nation is so demographically diverse that it's pointless to try to compare one contractor's performance with another.