Have You Been Discriminated?

civilrightsfighter

UPS Civil Rights Fighter
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has filed number of law suits against UPS regarding discrimination and dress code policy in past. There are number of cases currently pending in federal courts filed by EEOC New York District Office in Buffalo. If you believe you have been discriminated at UPS and your Civil Rights have been violated as stated under Titile VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 contact EEOC New York District Office in Buffalo, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU LIVE IN THE U.S.. It’s a great opportunity if you’re seeking a strong representation regarding your case on national level.

EEOC Buffalo Local Office:

Suite 350
Buffalo, NY 14202

Phone:
1-800-669-4000
Fax:
716-551-4387

Dixie Doll

The Hell You Say
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has filed number of law suits against UPS regarding discrimination and dress code policy in past. There are number of cases currently pending in federal courts filed by EEOC New York District Office in Buffalo. If you believe you have been discriminated at UPS and your Civil Rights have been violated as stated under Titile VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 contact EEOC New York District Office in Buffalo, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU LIVE IN THE U.S.. It’s a great opportunity if you’re seeking a strong representation regarding your case on national level.

EEOC Buffalo Local Office:

Suite 350
Buffalo, NY 14202

Phone:
1-800-669-4000
Fax:
716-551-4387
There is also one pending in PA that, as of a couple of months ago, is still trying to get certified as a class. I don't know what the current status is. There were originally 2 plaintiffs and they were trying to include others. I think one of the Plaintiff's may have settled. But I'm not sure. Dixie

satellitedriver

Yes, I have been discriminated against. They force me to wear brown and that just doesn't go with my eye color. Where do I sign, so I can get a check (minus your lawyer fees) for this discrimination?

Cole

Yeah and I want to grow a beard, and we want air-conditioning in our trucks too. While we're at it we should have Water coolers in our trucks, and cups with the little bamboo umbrelllas. LOL

trickpony1

For all you people that think what "civilrightsfighter" is trying to do is funny :lol: , I've got news for you....it's only a matter of time before it happens to you :ohmy: . And, no, it won't be about beards, dress code or air conditioned trucks either.
Discrimination comes in several forms, as I'm sure you are aware, so I won't name them all.
I must work at a bigger hub than some of you because I am seeing the "disability" card played by management to the extent that as our body "crumbles", management doesn't want us around any more.
File an injury report, much less a comp claim, and you become a target. Will it happen the next week or month?....probably not but at some point the company nurse will snuggle up to the company doctor and have you "disqualified" from driving. Now the company is off the hook, no liability, no responsibility, no culpability because, "the company didn't do that....the doctor did.".
Now your options are: 1)work in the hub (like our bodies can take that) for a year, yes...one year (read the contract) and then they no longer have to provide a job for you. 2)tuck your tail, head off into the darkness or 3)fight the issue like you have never fought before (a real lonely experience).
So for those that think it's funny....keep laughing and, by the way, when it happens to you let me know.......I want to watch.

Cole

Trick I hear what you're saying, and you're right! I was just clowning a bit. For the situations you mentioned I have seen similar, and one has to fight quite hard, and battle workman's comp, liberty mutual, hire an attorney etc...

Area 43, you hit it on the head. A toilet! Although I can say I never used a dr bag, that's pretty harsh. I do remember one driver saying he used an old smalls tote box. lol

tieguy

Banned
civil rights fighter how about suing the union local here. they are run by a bunch of pony tailed white males even though we are probably about 50 percent minority.

oh thats right no money and you commies have rules about suing each other. My bad.

Channahon

Is this for real? A class action lawsuit against discrimination and dress code? How are the two related? If not enough employees respond to discrimination, the attorney's are going after dress code?

Employer issued uniforms, minimal cost to drivers and mechanics, what's the problem?

Management and admins being asked to dress professionally.

I was advised once to color my hair, as some gray hairs were popping up, and not color my nails red. Should I join this suit???

trickpony1

I was advised once to color my hair, as some gray hairs were popping up, and not color my nails red. Should I join this suit???

.....either that or initiate your own. Statements like the above, coming from a superior, has a strong sexual undercurrent. I'm surprised you didn't jump right down their throat after being objectified.

you are woman
I hear you roar
in numbers too big to ignore :thumbup1:

dillweed

I am woman hear me roar!

I was joking around with that song one day on the sort aisle until a bunch of super-dooper heavies came at me, all going to the belt above my head. As I floundered with the things and looked around for some male muscle one of my smartass co-workers said, "OK woman, let's hear you roar" :blush: dw

Channahon

Trick,
Continued to paint my nails red (favorite color) and did color my hair for my daughters wedding in 1993. Took the comment with a grain of salt.

farhantx

TO me, the purpose of 1964 Civil Rights Law was to protect minorities’ rights. I encourage member area23 to get out of his ranch so he and other people like him could see there is an other world out there, a very diverse one. It’s 21st century, a globalization era.

People with “ with us or against us” or narrow minded mentality need to grow up and start socializing with different people out there representing different cultures and religions.

If there was Bush administration in 1964, I bet, this Law would’ve never passed, far from turn into an amendment. This law isn’t about whether someone wants to wear beard, it’s about respecting each other rights and freedom of speech and religion. And people who have problem with beard, must be forgetting, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, they all had beard. Should Jesus be refused to work for UPS on FT management or non-management position when he comes back????

One shouldn’t depend on others or any union when it comes to discrimination or equal opportunity and should take stand by him/herself as Rosa Parks did!

God Bless America!

Send Bush back to his Crawford Ranch!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jesus would be refused work for not getting a haircut and wearing those silly looking sandals and catering food to crowds without a health permit .

Abraham was always armed (sacrificial knife) and couldn't work for UPS.

Osama is bearded.....let's start protecting his rights.....yeah, right. Where's Abraham and his knife when we really need him.

I know, I'm gonna burn in hell for this one. :sad: