FedEx sues Texas Workforce Commission

MAKAVELI

In other words you don't give a **** about customer service. That's the difference between ground and express. I gues they get what they pay for. And they maybe happy because they think the driver was out since 9:00am and not 11 or 12 just because they felt like it.
Per chance, good sir, should thou beest able to dislodge thy crown from thy well matched posterior, thou couldst take it as thy God ordained quest, blessed by the consecrated blood of our Lord and Saviour, to make it known far and wide...nay, the wide world over, of this damnedest injustice that hath been wrought upon the unknowing citizens in their child-like innocence. Forgo the giant armed beasts that dot the foul countryside. Indeed unbending remain such creatures spinning, spinning, always spinning in gentle breeze and foul fierce gail alike always spinning, never ending as thy noble quest shall prove. So yes, good sir. I bite my thumb at you.

Dude, you are so funny you should be a comedian. No, seriously where did you come from? So I can get a whole truck load of you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
From what I have seen, I would say most people had been tracking the package all day and are just surprised/relieved/happy that the package arrived. 8pm, even 9pm simply isn't all that late around here. And you know what? Ground doesn't get to make that call, I do. They want the contractor model? Then they have boundaries and that's one of them.

Get it off by 1030pm....that's Ground service at it's best.

CJinx

They raise holy hell when they get an appointment package that doesn't jive with their schedule... (HD only)

STFXG

From what I have seen, I would say most people had been tracking the package all day and are just surprised/relieved/happy that the package arrived. 8pm, even 9pm simply isn't all that late around here. And you know what? Ground doesn't get to make that call, I do. They want the contractor model? Then they have boundaries and that's one of them.

As long as its delivered that day we have met our commitment. How many commit times did express fail on last month? Couldn't even get them delivered that day... Express service at its best!

MAKAVELI

As long as its delivered that day we have met our commitment. How many commit times did express fail on last month? Couldn't even get them delivered that day... Express service at its best!

Not the drivers fault definitely not the drivers choice start at 11 or 12 o'clock and I'll say it again it's all I had to do was jump in the truck and drive in a straight line not have to take a break I can double what I do

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Two words: Poor management.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yeah. So stop telling me Ground calls all the shots.

Right. Amazing how "flexible" FedEx is with your needs. Somehow, that just doesn't sound correct to me. You try and give the impression that you are as free as a bird, but I think the bird is in a cage, with a huge cat sitting right outside lest you think too much about "freedom". I've been around FedEx for over 25 years, and I know how they operate. If they can squeeze you..they will.

bbsam

Staff member
Right. Amazing how "flexible" FedEx is with your needs. Somehow, that just doesn't sound correct to me. You try and give the impression that you are as free as a bird, but I think the bird is in a cage, with a huge cat sitting right outside lest you think too much about "freedom". I've been around FedEx for over 25 years, and I know how they operate. If they can squeeze you..they will.

You have to look at it from Fedex legal's perspective. They wrote the contract and it absolutely favors Ground as much as possible. It walks right up to the line. But they know exactly where that line is.

That does not mean Johnny :censored2: Supervisor knows it. He may be full of pee and vinegar and full of desire to climb that corporate ladder, driven to please his district handlers, etc. He may step all over the contract, try to bully contractors, and generally try to do whatever he wants to make the company "better". While that shows a terrible job by upper management bringing the jackass in that position, it does happen. But when the contractor pushes back, Legal is always in play. They are dispassionate, and can be counted on to inform the company that they need to pull back. The company isn't going to advertise and advocate everything they would rather a contractor not do, but they for the most part know where their power to enforce their will ends.

MAKAVELI

You have to look at it from Fedex legal's perspective. They wrote the contract and it absolutely favors Ground as much as possible. It walks right up to the line. But they know exactly where that line is.

That does not mean Johnny :censored2: Supervisor knows it. He may be full of pee and vinegar and full of desire to climb that corporate ladder, driven to please his district handlers, etc. He may step all over the contract, try to bully contractors, and generally try to do whatever he wants to make the company "better". While that shows a terrible job by upper management bringing the jackass in that position, it does happen. But when the contractor pushes back, Legal is always in play. They are dispassionate, and can be counted on to inform the company that they need to pull back. The company isn't going to advertise and advocate everything they would rather a contractor not do, but they for the most part know where their power to enforce their will ends.

And what exactly do you do as a contractor do to " enforce your will "on FedEx?

bbsam

Staff member
And what exactly do you do as a contractor do to " enforce your will "on FedEx?

not sure that I have a will. I go, make sure things get done and that's it. Occasionally issues come up with the company and we differ in what to do about them. Sometimes I just say "no" and that's it. I hav always maintained that I am not pro FedEx. I am pro bbsam inc. For the most part we get along, but there are days....