have your cake and eat it too

Q

quebec_driver

food is food no matter what wheter it is spam or Worms(Anybody with experience in the armed forces have eaten things normalpeople wouldn`t touch). The original thread was very simply the company is pushing too much and people are getting hurt, some judge noticed it, MAYBE just MAYBE the company might figure out that a human being can be pushed only so far, even Superman died in the comics. we are humans not machines. Crappie wether you admit or not this is a forum where all opinions are shared if you don`t agree say so but don`t berate the person with whom you are in disagreement.

T

toonertoo

Crappie, I never said anything about moreluck, If I had time to cook I would love her posts for recipes. I dont so I dont read them much, but she inputs more than food and thought, and its like anything else if you dont like it dont read it, dont drag me into it. I have enough problems without fighting with someone on here who is doing a service in her own way. Oh yeah thanks to anyone who released me from blame, it wasnt me.

M

moreluck

Over9five...you asked for it...

Spambalaya .....

1 (12 ounce) can SPAM Lite Luncheon Meat, cubed
1 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14-1/2 ounce) can Cajun style or regular stewed tomatoes
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can lower sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
1 cup CAROLINA or RIVER rice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

In large non-stick skillet or 3-quart non-stick saucepan, saut SPAM Luncheon Meat, onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, thyme, hot pepper sauce, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; stir in CAROLINA or RIVER rice. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Discard bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 6 servings.

O

ok2bclever

Crappie never said it was you Tooner.

He said it was some tonner guy.
biggrin.gif

H

hubrat

How's this?: How 'bout let's all grow up and go out and have a POSITIVE affect on the lives of others.

clapbounce.gif
Moreluck

stinky.gif
crappie

M

moreluck

Ode to Spam

Oh SPAM! Oh SPAM! Gourmet delight!
My food by day, my dreams by night.
To carve, to slice, to dice you up--
pureed in a blender and sipped from a cup.

What shining deity from Olympus knelt
down to the earth and hog butt smelt?
Creating then man's eternal desire
for swine entrails congealed by fire.

On some corporate farm, a pig has died.
Eyes, tongue, and snout end up inside
that cube of SPAM hidden in the can
I now hold in my trembling hand.

More than mere food, SPAM is for me
a hedonistic expression of gluttonous glee.
Mottled with pork fat, the pink cube engrosses.
My mouth takes it in, my intestine disposes.

Long have my arteries clogged to the sound
of sizzling SPAM when there's no one around--
furtively chewing or swallowing whole.
Triple bypass by forty, my medical goal.

Other processed meat products I've tried or declined
Vienna Sausages, Treat, even pig's feet in brine.
Though each may be tasty in different ways,
none matches SPAM for gelatinous glaze.

That glistening pinkness beckons me
with gristle, fat, and BHT.
Oh SPAM, my SPAM -- the taste, the smell!
The sacred meat product, from Hormel.

T

trickpony1

moreluck,
Your poetry hits the nail right on the head as to why I don't eat this product.
Think of all the fools that don't know any better......

T

toonertoo

OK2B, I forgot about that tonner person. Hes always getting into trouble on here....My misread..Thanks for catching that.

C

crappie

maybee I need to keep track of who is female and male .I do not check profiles maybee I should start .My tping sucks so typos do happen but with all the corrections , will get whipped into shape in no time.
By the way what is Toonertoo?

(Message edited by crappie on July 09, 2005)

H

hubrat

What's the difference? We're all human beings and we've all busted our booties for UPS in some form or fashion.

R

rushfan

I remember staying up late sunday nights just to listen to Dr. Demento, hoping to hear the "spam song"

O

ok2bclever

With a moniker like crappie you are asking what toonertoo is about?
biggrin.gif

I dnt thnk hw u type s tht mprtnt.

Gttng th mssg acrss s whr its at.

C

crappie

lol !!!Must be her kids ,nice looking bunch of youngins.I checked her profile she likes fishing my type of women, now do you clean fish?

T

toonertoo

Crappie, yes I clean fish too. I average 25 pph, (that is perch per hour, not pieces)

And they are beautiful youngins, they are my grandchildren. Thanks for noticing.
Tooner is my nick name, I dont know why, one of my former beloved managers dubbed me that when I arrived on scene. Guess coz it rhymed with my name. toonerize, tooner vision, tooned out, toon it up, all derived from this nickname. I realize it is spelled wrong, as in looney tunes, but maybe that is the way it was meant, but then a male dubbed me so I assumed he just spelled it wrong
raspberry.gif

C

crappie

Not bad I use a electric filet knife blast through a ton of crappie quick. 30 to 50 pph .Takes a pratice to feel the rib cage and not cut through it .