Having a disability & working for ups

Brownt10

Has anyone or is anyone familiar with the FMLA program & witnessed it work for employees with disabilities? I was recently diagnosed with a disability related to my military service & was wondering how I go about this. It’s not a typical “tinnitus or back pain” disability. I fall under the ADA.

GenericUsername

Not related to the exact topic but we had a guy in our center who used FMLA to take care of his father until he passed. A day here, a few days there, etc. Didn't seem to be too much of a deal but mostly it was all planned out.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Not related to the exact topic but we had a guy in our center who used FMLA to take care of his father until he passed. A day here, a few days there, etc. Didn't seem to be too much of a deal but mostly it was all planned out.
You can get intermittent FMLA aka what this guy had for his dad, or you can take a chunk of time up to 12 weeks a year off, unpaid. I recommend intermittent so you can miss a day here and there when you need.

542thruNthru

Has anyone or is anyone familiar with the FMLA program & witnessed it work for employees with disabilities? I was recently diagnosed with a disability related to my military service & was wondering how I go about this. It’s not a typical “tinnitus or back pain” disability. I fall under the ADA.
What exactly are you looking for?

rod

Retired 22 years
Apparently UPS hires blind people now as drivers so I guess it's anything goes. And before some idiot mod deletes this post check it out first. Blind people have sued UPS for all positions.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Better find you a good ada Lawyer and hope for the best

UPS not going to accommodate you out of the goodness of their heart

Brownt10

You can get intermittent FMLA aka what this guy had for his dad, or you can take a chunk of time up to 12 weeks a year off, unpaid. I recommend intermittent so you can miss a day here and there when you need.
I think you can renew that every year & I might have to bring in documentation if ups request it bc more than likely my disability isn’t going anywhere

542thruNthru

Reduced work schedule or the up to 60 days I can take off bc that’s what fmla allows up to. It has to do with my disability itself plus the treatment. I know my doctor would be on board but ups outranks any medical doctor
If your doctor's on board getting FMLA shouldn't be hard as long as you meet the requirements.

The reduced work schedule would be a whole nother matter I believe you'd have to qualify for an ADA

PCM Troll

Yes. You need to do some research to know your rights for the state you live in. You will need to contact UPS to get the required documents they need like paperwork that needs to be filled out by your doctor. It can be overwhelming because everything needs to be done correctly and turned in on time or else they will deny and you will have to start over again.

PCM Troll

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-172442.png
    Screenshot_20210414-172442.png
    640.8 KB · Views: 126

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge