Having a disability & working for ups

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How does it work for them? Are they kept as close to 8 as possible unless they volunteer for more work or just get to use up to 60 days off a year under fmla?
No one here who has an ADA gets 8 anymore. Mostly one part I’ve shift. One guy managed to get 6 per day. All were dropped to what their inside rate would be, not what they were making as drivers.

Overpaid Union Thug

Has anyone or is anyone familiar with the FMLA program & witnessed it work for employees with disabilities? I was recently diagnosed with a disability related to my military service & was wondering how I go about this. It’s not a typical “tinnitus or back pain” disability. I fall under the ADA.
There are plenty of veterans with 100% “disabled” ratings working in this country so you’d think someone in your shoes would be easy to accommodate.

hardcharger

Just apply for intermittent FMLA. They’ll use your vacation time every time you take off for fmla as needed. Once your out of vacation days you’ll still be able to take off but with no pay. Your doctor will determine how many days you can miss per week or month depending on your situation

ManInBrown

Beware if you use intermittent FLMA, each day you call in using FLMA, they will exhaust a vacation day, till you are left with 1 week. You will get paid, but if you already scheduled your vacation picks, you might not be off the entire week.

Beware if you use intermittent FLMA, each day you call in using FLMA, they will exhaust a vacation day, till you are left with 1 week. You will get paid, but if you already scheduled your vacation picks, you might not be off the entire week.
And if you take too many days off you may also lose some of your vacation time for next year and some pension credits.
Too many people abuse this option

xkingx

If you need it for appointments or flare ups file FMLA.
I have for years. I use them intermittently for all my “mental disabilities” appointments and when the meds aren’t working.

they won’t comply with reduced working hours. They’ll make you take the whole day never hurts to try though. Every case is different.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I’ve never heard of this. Always under the impression once you go full time that is that.
Article 14 section 3
If a full-time employee cannot be reasonably accommodated in a
full-time job, the Company may offer a part-time job as a reason-
able accommodation if the employee is qualified and meets the es-
sential functions of the job. If the employee accepts the part-time
accommodation, the employee will be placed in to the applicable
part-time health & welfare and pension programs, will be paid the
appropriate part-time rate for the job performed based on his com-
pany seniority, and will receive the part-time contractual entitle-
ments as per the appropriate Supplement, Rider, or Addendum us-
ing his Company seniority date.

iruhnman630

Has anyone or is anyone familiar with the FMLA program & witnessed it work for employees with disabilities? I was recently diagnosed with a disability related to my military service & was wondering how I go about this. It’s not a typical “tinnitus or back pain” disability. I fall under the ADA.
You seem to be asking about two different things...A.D.A. versus FMLA.

The reality is most jobs at UPS are not suited for people with disabilities.

I know our building has a one-armed loader, and a paraplegic in a wheelchair who was given a clerk job after his accident.