Hazardous Air Conditions

BlondeinBrown

Up here in NorCal where the fire is. Air quality is terrible with ash falling from the skies. Going into work today I’m questioning if this is worth my health. Does UPS ever consider these insanely unhealthy conditions? I mean I know they can’t shut down but what if people refused to work in these conditions? (Masks are unavailable in every store and they are not being provided either)

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Up here in NorCal where the fire is. Air quality is terrible with ash falling from the skies. Going into work today I’m questioning if this is worth my health. Does UPS ever consider these insanely unhealthy conditions? I mean I know they can’t shut down but what if people refused to work in these conditions? (Masks are unavailable in every store and they are not being provided either)
Packages before people.. the ups motto

ManInBrown

I always used to love the old “your last stop is your most important stop when you get home” drivel they used to spew in the PCM. Greatest thing about feeders. Never having to hear that bullsheet again.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I always used to love the old “your last stop is your most important stop when you get home” drivel they used to spew in the PCM. Greatest thing about feeders. Never having to hear that bullsheet again.

Thanks for contributing exactly nothing to this thread.

Box Ox

Thanks for contributing exactly nothing to this thread.

4ftt9k.jpg

If they are unsafe air conditions and you cannot work, talk to your steward and contact the union hall directly.

^ That's usually the best way to get any answers on anything.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ride in a car with @silverbullet2893 . Talk about bad air!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
F0203BFB-6621-4912-A356-935DB59DB269.gif

Get yourself one of these and tie it around your face

Color depends on what “hood” you happen to be in

542thruNthru

Had a big fire here in San Diego a while back. Drove the truck out and about 15 stops in I call and tell them I'm having trouble breathing and I'm coming in. They tried to fight me on it and all I said was fine then I need to report a injury I'm having trouble breathing and need to go to the doctor. Bet you can guess what happened next.

Turns out more then 10 other drivers did the same thing in my center.

542thruNthru

Hopefully you're being sarcastic. There's literally millions of masks available at the moment. There's a new website called Amazon. Could always start there.

Yes I was being sarcastic. What I was really trying to say is

"I'm not buying a mask to do my job."

If I have to buy a mask to do my job that means I shouldn't be out there.

I will be sure to check out that new website though. I just found a site called E-bay last week. Check it out if you get a chance. ;)