UPS doesn't air condition its trucks. This petition aims to change that

GenericUsername

Why not put a few of those little vents we have next to our driver doors in the back? Maybe just a larger scale version of them to get some airflow. They don't necessarily need to come off the roof, but having one under/behind the driver seat, by the passenger door and rear of the vehicle could get some airflow going as we drive. I'm sure there are optimal spots to put them, but the fact remains that there are ways to cool off the trucks without using AC.

My concern is the temperature of the metal in the cargo area. I shouldn't be burning my arm/hand/leg when I select a package.

GenericUsername

I get a thought of you cooking it something like the guys that do hibachi. Can you flip a little piece of it into your shirt pocket/diad pouch?

rod

Retired 22 years
Its about time the northern troops start complaining about the cold and wanting better heaters

Oldboy187

UPS doesn't air condition its trucks. This petition aims to change that - CNN

Nurse Theresa Klenk sees plenty of cases of heatstroke at the New Jersey hospital where she works.

But when her husband, a UPS driver, was admitted with symptoms incurred during a shift driving a brown delivery truck with no air conditioning, she decided to do something.

Klenk created a petition on change.org in July urging UPS to provide air conditioning in its trucks. It's been signed more than 210,000 times.

But UPS is not planning to equip its vehicles.

I just started Tuesday... Was about to go on my own Friday. But went home started pissing blood. Went to hospital and was close to kidney failure. The front of the truck isn't the problem. It's the oven where the packages are.... I go back Monday and I'm looking into ventless portable cordless ac unit for just the cargo area.