Heat Wave Hits Northeast.... "Let's cut some routes!"

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
101 Deg when I walked in to the Air Wall this afternoon @ 4:50 PM saw some driver friends said they were headed for their pools.The trailer I work in bakes in the sun all day I am guessing maybe 115 deg at start time.No fan on my side of the sort bins.Hot in the summer cold in the winter. Each season we wish for the other . It is all good builds character. I really feel sorry for the kids in the load and unload. There is absolutley no air in the nose of those trailers.

klein

Für Meno :)
Its hot here too.Not death valley hot,but hot enough.
81 friend with 72% humidity.
It's weird,but sweating like that feels healthy to me.
Stick to water,eat some fruit,have a good lunch.
We were hotter than Florida yesterday.

Yeah, good weight loss messure, like being in a sauna, it does feel good afterwards ...:) LOL

BROWN007

95 del 39 pickups 652 total packages 98deg 115 miles punch out @ 8.15 and my sup asked me what took so long!!!! My reply was i knew he was late man!!!! Btw it was friday :)

bigbrownhen

Cooler weather is coming your way folks out in the Northeast according to the weather man. Hang in there....

Muggy as all get out here in the Midwest, but temps only in the upper 80s. So we don't have it too bad for July.

moreluck

golden ticket member
69 degrees here today for a high.....don't hate me! Pretty soon i'll have to put away the long sleeve blouses and get out the short sleeved ones.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
69 degrees here today for a high.....don't hate me! Pretty soon i'll have to put away the long sleeve blouses and get out the short sleeved ones.
Same here: It's been a great year weather wise so far...Record high daytime lows this past winter and record low daytime highs (so far) this summer. The earthquakes have been more active than usual, but I'll take the occasional "rattle and hum" any day for the weather we've been having....:peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here: It's been a great year weather wise so far...Record high daytime lows this past winter and record low daytime highs (so far) this summer. The earthquakes have been more active than usual, but I'll take the occasional "rattle and hum" any day for the weather we've been having....:peaceful:

Nice U-2 reference.:wink2:

ddomino

The last few weeks have been a roller coaster...most days I've had 10+ hours, punching out near 8:00, with 2 short days (punch out around 6:00) and a lay-off day thrown in.

Today was one of the short days, but when I pulled in they were on me about not answering my phone or seeing the green message light on my diad (that whole silly thing about no distractions while driving, I guess). It seems many other routes were over-dispatched as usual, with one driver looking at 75 stops left at 6:00.

Does your phone have a little UPS on it? I doubt it. If not tell them to go friend@@k themselves. Your paying for it, its not for them to use.

tracker2762

If it's sent after his last stop, there is no need to even look at the diad. I dont' remember seeing "check your diad for message" in the five seeing habits. His eyes should be on the road.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The tv in the local bar, (yes I was delivering there again) said 99, the same station on the radio said 95. It was a hot one, but Ill still take it over snow and cold. Bring it on.
And my dolly was hot to the touch as were my shelves. So I guess it was really hot back there.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The tv in the local bar, (yes I was delivering there again) said 99, the same station on the radio said 95. It was a hot one, but Ill still take it over snow and cold. Bring it on.
And my dolly was hot to the touch as were my shelves. So I guess it was really hot back there.
I always tell me customers that their pkgs are fresh out of the oven. I describe my pkg car as an "Easy Bake" oven, on wheels.

22.34life

If I went down there in the middle of summer I would freaking die.

I dont mind the constant , cloudy, rainy gloom of the Pacific Northwest. I dont mind the snow or freezing cold of winter. But I cant stand the heat. Last year we had a record breaking heatwave in early August where it got up to 107 for three or four days in a row and I was getting physically ill with cramps and nausea. There is only so much water a person can physically force themselves to drink, and I just couldnt keep hydrated.

Fortunately, I have a new high-efficiency central AC system in my house. I like it. A lot. During the summer I keep that bad boy pegged. When I get home after a hot day in the truck, I want to see my breath fogging up in the air. I want to have to piss thru 2 inches of ice floating in my toilet. I want to be scraping the frost off of the mirror in the bathroom before I use it. I like it COLD!!

the heat down here is really bad,guys do pass out sometimes or get sick ,mostly new hires.but you get used to it ,you just drink plenty of gatarade and try to pace yourself as best you can,last summer i think we had like 30 straight days of 100 plus temp.