Heff Driver Poll

What do you do when you arrive at the clerk ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You suck!

Just saying. Lmao
200.gif
lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
15 years ago I would have pulled all four and be done with them. Supes would have complimented me for using common sense. Now I would just pull the two NI3's because it's a different company we work for. Anymore, even if you do the right thing, you can get dinged for anything.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
15 years ago I would have pulled all four and be done with them. Supes would have complimented me for using common sense. Now I would just pull the two NI3's because it's a different company we work for. Anymore, even if you do the right thing, you can get dinged for anything.
True Joepa so true

NY Grind75

????????
If the customer wasn't for the first 2 tires 3 times in row most likely they will not be home for the other 2 tires. .....just common sense, no need call your supe because he would most likely tell you to do the same thing.....no brainer

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That video reminds of one year I LOADED my hand truck and told my helper to leave packages by the garage. I was sorting a little and looked while he just dumped it sideways against their door. I was like dude, what is that man but we layed rubber and took off. Hee -haw baby

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What you say makes sense and I would probably do the same but remember the customer is the shipper not the consignee and the customer paid for 3 attempts.

One could also ask, why make him pick up 4 when policy dictates he should only have to pick up 2?
Our customer...the shipper....would probably prefer that his customer (the consignee) have the opportunity to get all four of the tires that he paid to ship and that we were unable to make consecutive, simultaneous delivery attempts on.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yes, they can ding me for anything. That doesn't mean I have to care. If it makes them feel better to write silly warning letters, more power to them.

CharleyHustle

You have to wonder what kind of person orders a set of tires and rims, probably well over a $1000 purchase, and has no way to receive them. Really? One of the perks of this job is you get to meet all the people who don't have a clue.

Raw

Raw Member
If I have to choose between common sense and UPS rules, I always go by the book and throw common sense out the window! They don`t pay us to think, just to follow rules! I`ve never been written up in my over 27 years yet.

UPSGUY72

If I have to choose between common sense and UPS rules, I always go by the book and throw common sense out the window! They don`t pay us to think, just to follow rules! I`ve never been written up in my over 27 years yet.

I heard those words from my first FT sup "you don't get paid to think just do what your told" nothing could be more true these days with the implementation of Orion telling us exactly how they want us to run routes these days all the pressure to get things done is gone. I just have to follow trace and collect the big bucks $$$$.

ManInBrown

I've had 4 tires go to a house. Only one had a signature required. I left 3 tires and brought one back as ni1.

You did the right thing. Shipper doesn't want to pay for all 4 sig required.

I've seen COD shipments from the same shipper. 4 boxes all the same order and only one is a COD. When really all 4 are, part of the same shipment. But the shipper doesn't want to pay for 4 COD's. We've been specifically instructed to leave the other 3 if the 1 box is NM1 or NI1.