Hello Brown Cafe!

Took my road test about an hour ago and passed. Integrad begins next month. I'm gonna keep my head down, stay out of trouble and kiss that belt goodbye
Most of the new drivers hired and qualified last year in my building have been working inside most of this year after peak. Hopefully your building is different. Being laid off in June, July, and August is not a good sign.

BrownThunder

Thanks for the heads up PT, but they're looking for full time drivers nothing seasonal.

Took my precourse material and with the time we had I managed to pass the DIAD V training and assessment. Needed an 85% and barely squeaked by on my 3rd attempt! The 2nd half, which I'll wrap up at home is regarding the 10pt commentary, 5 seeing habits and UPS labels. That much I am very comfortable with since I've been studying it (minus the labels) for the past couple months here and there.

Initially they were talking about me going on October 12th, but now they're saying if my backgrounds and physical are good to go I might end up doing my ride along Friday and starting class on Monday of next week.

Hell yeah! The sooner I can get away from those f_cking irregs, the better!

Thanks for the heads up PT, but they're looking for full time drivers nothing seasonal.

Took my precourse material and with the time we had I managed to pass the DIAD V training and assessment. Needed an 85% and barely squeaked by on my 3rd attempt! The 2nd half, which I'll wrap up at home is regarding the 10pt commentary, 5 seeing habits and UPS labels. That much I am very comfortable with since I've been studying it (minus the labels) for the past couple months here and there.

Initially they were talking about me going on October 12th, but now they're saying if my backgrounds and physical are good to go I might end up doing my ride along Friday and starting class on Monday of next week.

The drivers I was referring to are FT drivers. Just laid off due to lack of work. Truth is UPS over hired last year and now the bottom guys are paying for it. They will be okay as soon as a few Feeder and package car drivers retire but right now some are hurting. At least they have their foot inside the door.

BrownThunder

Took the safety/labels portion of the precourse. Passed the assessment and secured a ride along for tomorrow.

Checking into the hotel Sunday evening, last night was my last night (hopefully) as a loader.

Trying not to get too happy until after integrad is passed and I'm on my 31st day of work.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Took the safety/labels portion of the precourse. Passed the assessment and secured a ride along for tomorrow.

Checking into the hotel Sunday evening, last night was my last night (hopefully) as a loader.

Trying not to get too happy until after integrad is passed and I'm on my 31st day of work.
Don't give up dude! I regret it revert day of my life I quit 4 years ago! I put in 4 1/2 years during the recession years through 08-09 times. Was told it could be another 5-10 years more... Had to put my 2 weeks in and I left December of 2010.. Only to find out about 2 months ago, a guy I worked with in the load, that I had 1 year more seniority than, guy his call to ft driver March of 2011... So that means I would of gotten the call before him... I could of been driving just a few weeks after I quit instead of 5-10 years. So for the past 2 months I've been trying to get back in the door... I had a no rehire status that everyone gets when they quit.. I fought that and got that reversed.. Have had 3 interviews so far... Still waiting on the call to start again... At the bottom.. It really burns me that I could have been driving for the past 4 1/2 years.. And once I get back in, not stopping until I'm in that damn seat this time.. Don't let these old crumugend drivers put you down.. They've been making $$$ so long they forgot what it was like before UPS. Hope it works out for you brother!! Make that $$$$!!! Wish me luck too!

AutoZone

BrownPower
Sucka!...

Good luck.
This isn't my 1st go around.. Already did 4 1/2 years thru the recession years 07/08/09/10... Had to quit due to my day job changing hours.. Found out from a guy who I had a year more senoity than, got the call to drive about 3 months after I quit.. So that means I'd of probably gotten the call beginning of 11.. But quit December of 10.. Whole life would be different right now if I could of held on a couple more months.. Ohhh well.. I'm asking for it this time. Not stopping till my butt is in that damn brown microwave. :)

Anthonysg0113

Unfortunately, when you start driving, you have to step around those irregs all day until your last stop [emoji12]

BrownThunder

First night at the hotel. We had our first meeting about an hour ago. Holy :censored2:, this guy is intense! I'm praying every night for the strength and mental clarity to survive this process. So much riding on this... I can't fail.

Gonna study up for 30 more min. and hit the sack.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
First night at the hotel. We had our first meeting about an hour ago. Holy :censored2:, this guy is intense! I'm praying every night for the strength and mental clarity to survive this process. So much riding on this... I can't fail.

You have a good attitude. Good luck.

BrownThunder

Day one finished. They told us day one was designed to overwhelm us... And it worked! I'm stressed the f_ck out right now. So much information was just dumped on us and its "going to start making sense by Wednesday".

There are still so many hurdles I still have to clear to get out of here. This Integrad is extremely strict about everything, honestly It feels like they don't even like us.

Gonna study for another hour, then go to sleep. That ride back to the hotel from the training facility was quiet as hell, nobody said a word.

I felt like Charlie sheen in the last scene from platoon

Last edited:

AutoZone

BrownPower
Day one finished. They told us day one was designed to overwhelm us... And it worked! I'm stressed the f_ck out right now. So much information was just dumped on us and its "going to start making sense by Wednesday".

There are still so many hurdles I still have to clear to get out of here. This Integrad is extremely strict about everything, honestly It feels like they don't even like us.

Gonna study for another hour, then go to sleep. That ride back to the hotel from the training facility was quiet as hell, nobody said a word.

I felt like Charlie sheen in the last scene from platoon
What types of things are they going over that's overwhelming?

Anthonysg0113

Are you at Integrad?