Hello! New Driver with some questions!

3inBRWN

He's moving up rather quickly.

From everything I've read on here, it seems that is usually unlikely. I know at bigger hubs I have old friends who have been AM Preload and are after 2-3 years barely being offered drive tests. Being at a very small Northern/Mid West hub I think I was just very, VERY lucky that I expressed interest to the right people and showed that I'm capable of being flexible.

upschuck

Brings up a question, since you have not pasted you 30 days yet(15 days in), I assume that after you go 15 more days that you gain permanent UPS employment(at least PT), so you kind of float through your initial 30 day trial. Or if he finishes the initial 30 days training(15 preload, 15 driving), as a driver, if he would be a qualified driver.

Don't know if this situation has been addressed before.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, it implies that you repeat stories over and over again and I'm not the only one who hears them.......every time I hear "one time at band camp"....I think of your stories.

What about your "day of the week" cartoons? Or your strange Minion obsession? You are the epitome of repetition.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What about your "day of the week" cartoons? Or your strange Minion obsession? You are the epitome of repetition.
Many of todays popular quotes are made into poster-like creations involving minions. The popularity of minions is directly associated to the # of people who go to the theater to see them. I haven't wasted money in a theater for over 10 years, so it's not my obsession.

3inBRWN

No, it implies that you repeat stories over and over again and I'm not the only one who hears them.......every time I hear "one time at band camp"....I think of your stories.
his repest stories are usually in direct andwer to someone NEW working for the company. I for one have not heard his stories multiple times and appreciate the input.

3inBRWN

Thanks for all the comments and help guys. I appreciate it, tomorrow is my first day driving a route, I got a copy of today's Drivers Manifest report and this truck has about 120 stops, a few big stops, one being wal mart, mostly 1-2 single house packages. a few apartment complexes in there.

Would it be stupid of me to go buy a mapbook?

Thanks for all the comments and help guys. I appreciate it, tomorrow is my first day driving a route, I got a copy of today's Drivers Manifest report and this truck has about 120 stops, a few big stops, one being wal mart, mostly 1-2 single house packages. a few apartment complexes in there.

Would it be stupid of me to go buy a mapbook?
Wouldn't hurt.