Help me quit

W700

I have threatened to quit pending getting another job for years now (been in Purple and Orange 14 years now). Problem I am having is being paid what I make ( not that I make a ton ) at a new job. No one wants to hire at my current scale skilled or unskilled in this area.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I have threatened to quit pending getting another job for years now.
ya see, FedEx doesn't regard that as a threat; rather, they regard it as a tease. They WANT you to quit and are all too willing to assist you along your merry way.

W700

ya see, FedEx doesn't regard that as a threat; rather, they regard it as a tease. They WANT you to quit and are all too willing to assist you along your merry way.

I can't even get them to assist me at this point. I missed my "magic" number goal last month and expected my final P.R. which would have put me in a decision day only to find out my ops mgr went in and put in a couple of exception days to put me above goal. Talk about disappointed.... When I ask for an exception day I can't get one but when the cards are on the table it's like "Oh well I put in some exceptions". I can't win for losing.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
sometimes they like to play with their prey before they go in for the kill. That way they can say they gave you every possible chance.

BulkRoute

This is why I am going back to school. There is no way I can find anther job that pays decent unless I go to another country, and do the job I did in the Army as a civilian. (No thanks.)

Hate 150lb Packages

Avenger? Rocks > bullets/rpg. All 13, 18, MP were infantry anyways. 11b blows, but anything is better than 88M.. LOL. IED magnets. Of course, I rode in the back of plenty.

BulkRoute

Yea, Avenger crew member. We pretty much used it for the 50 cal mounted on it. I never had any problems with RPG's, but we had lots of IED aimed at us.

soc151

Instead of wearing 150 pounds of battle rattle, I "maneuver" 150 pound bowflexes to fat ladies.

You mean future laundry racks? I have also noticed the weight of the exercise equipment is directly proportional to the weight of the recipient.

FedUpRTD

You will be paid for any unused vacation time, plus personals and floaters. You will also be paid for any accrued vacation time you have earned for the following fiscal year. You will not get paid for any unused sick time. You will have had to have worked until at least the 15th or after to accrue vacation for that month. Also, you only accrue vacation time for ten months out of the year, not 12. The months of June and July do not count towards months worked....

I don't think that FedEx will pay you for unused personals and floaters.

BulkRoute

I don't think that FedEx will pay you for unused personals and floaters.
They will only pay you for your vacation. No sick time, no floaters, or personals. I just found that out the hard way. I will lose my two floating holidays. I burned my personals last week.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They will only pay you for your vacation. No sick time, no floaters, or personals. I just found that out the hard way. I will lose my two floating holidays. I burned my personals last week.
Well, a small price to pay for getting out of the slaveship Express.

In the meantime feel free to call in sick for a few days. We don't mind. :funny:

FUFred

The station I use to work at, a courier who was on a 2 week vacation did the best quit job. He called the am mgr an 1 hour before the start time and told him, "I was on vacation the past 2 weeks but, I forgot to tell you that was also my two week notice, so goodbye."

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The station I use to work at, a courier who was on a 2 week vacation did the best quit job. He called the am mgr an 1 hour before the start time and told him, "I was on vacation the past 2 weeks but, I forgot to tell you that was also my two week notice, so goodbye."

Our ops managers deserve a phone call like this and it's way overdue.