Help with radio in truck

How Now Brown Cow

this one is only thirty bucks, but you need to buy a battery too, which is gonna put you over $50 total. It gets loud enough to hear over the truck, but it is not amazing quality(but it is definitely better than nothing), the battery will last for an 9+ hour day(I've been using the same battery for 3 years and it just now started dying around 8 hours)

Theking30

SHORTY
I personally use a Bluetooth headset. Lg Tone +. It has two ear buds, per safety I use only one. I down load podcast or listen to my music straight from phone. Battery life is 12 hours plus.
Answer calls, listen to music or podcasts. Customers never here anything. I do not have to tote a large radio in and out of package car. $55 used for 1 year this month. At that price I can buy a new one every year if needed. I use it mowing at home and talk on the phone with mower on. Great noise cancellations. Fits right under the collar of my uniform.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Do the small dewalt radios charge battery when plugged in via a/c like tge larger ones?

Most of the small ones do not charge the batteries, and now a days most of the big ones don't either. If they can charge batteries than their Am/fm reception was almost non existent, so they did away with that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ArcherUTR

If you are going to try and blast a stereo louder than your UPS package car, why not try ear buds and an MP3 player?

Easy enough to take out so that you can hear sirens, customers, and vehicle mechanical failures, probably better on preserving your hearing.

Management?

ww1lp

Anthony in Connecticut
Does any one know of a portable radio that is loud enough to hear in the truck without buying the over priced d-walts.... Something under 50?
I have a XM radio boombox it was around 59 dollars on eBay .has a built in antenna, of course you need to have a receiver and pay by the month. Well worth it to me. AM radio is worthless in truck and can get a clear siqnal

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you are going to try and blast a stereo louder than your UPS package car, why not try ear buds and an MP3 player?

Easy enough to take out so that you can hear sirens, customers, and vehicle mechanical failures, probably better on preserving your hearing.

Management?
Earbud wires get caught on stuff and fall out. Also when it's hot they get wet and sweaty. In the cooler months I'll sometimes use a Bluetooth headset. Also I like to exercise my Contractual right to have a radio in my truck to annoy management. ;)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I should clarify that it isn't a traditional radio. You have to hook it up to a phone or mp3 player. A lot of people stream local radio stations over an app called iheartradio, or internet radio via Pandora, shoutcast or Sirius.
Those of us who deliver in rural areas with limited cell phone service would still like to have the ability to listen to the radio the old fashioned way.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Also I like to exercise my Contractual right to have a radio in my truck to annoy management. ;)

I had a safety sup give me a smartass comment as I was pulling out about hpw my boombox wasn't safe. It was seatbelted into the passenger seat, as he would have been. Once I pointed that out he stopped smirking, I turned it up and rolled out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Does any one know of a portable radio that is loud enough to hear in the truck without buying the over priced d-walts.... Something under 50?
Bluetooth headphones, customers don't want to hear music blaring when you get to their place of delivery. Plus it can be kind of rude to be blaring music. Not all customers are as cool as you think they are. Plus their kinda coming down a lil bit on those drivers that carry them radios in the cab as stupposedly their an in cab distraction. Plus with the Bluetooth headphones you can jamm to whatever you want and customers don't have to worry about hearing something they don't want or prefer to hear. Im not dogging anybody for having a radio in the cab, just always thought it was kinda rude or unprofessional blaring music in front of customers. Just my opinion, doesn't make it right or wrong at all. To each his own:dont_know: lol.